SRCC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING Â MINUTES
MONDAY, April 17, 2017 Â 6:30 PM
Joeâ€™s Crab Shack Meeting Room
600 East Riverside Dr, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- 6:30 Â Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome & introductions of new members. Â Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
- 6:33 Â Membership & voting announcements. Reminder that SRCC current dues status is required to participate in SRCC business and actions such as voting and making motions. Â Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
- 6:35 Â Â Approve minutes from February 20, 2017 Executive Meeting Reminder: schedule for Executive meetings: 3rd Monday of the month; 6:30pm – 8:30pm in location TBD. Proposed meeting dates through rest of term: May 22, June 19, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Jan. 22, Feb. 19, April 16
MOTION: Dan Fredine/ Russell Fraser â€“ to approve the minutes from the February 20, 2017 Executive Committee meetings = PASSED 8 for, 0 opposed, 0 abstain
REPORTS OF OFFICERS and STANDING COMMITTEES
- 6:40 Â Report from the President: Saigebrook affordable housing update, History Hunt. Presenter: Gretchen Otto, President
- Gretchen shared information from our last general meeting for those who were not in attendance. Â The Planning and Zoning committee will be meeting tomorrow (April 18th) Â Carol Martin expressed a concern for water quality on this property. The Â stream on the uphill side of the Saigebrook Property is the same as the creek Â from Heritage Oaks Park, Harper Creek, which Â flows under I-35 and under Woodland.
- The History Hunt is happening on May 20th. Â Preservation Austin is narrowing down which houses to include.
- The Blunn Creek Headwaters tract for sale with AISD will be voted on at the next School Board Meeting.
- 6:50 Â Committee check-ins on events/goals/issues, and vote to confirm chairs for upcoming term. Presenters: Committee Chairs. Â Â 1) Planning & Zoning–need new chair from group; 2) Transportation – Michael Sledge, Public Safety- new volunteer STILL needed for Raymond Sinatra; 3) Parks- David Todd (Status of Blunn Creek tract proposal), Schools-Mary?, Environment- Marty Christman; 4) Special Events – volunteer needed (brief mention of changes proposed for standing committees)
MOTION: Â 1)The executive committee voted to replace the chair for the Planning and Zoning Committee. Â Russell Fraser nominated Marc Davis. Â = PASSED 8 for, 0 opposed, 0 abstain (NOTE: Marc Davis has declined)
2)Transportation – Michael Sledge will continue as chair, Public Safety- new volunteer STILL needed for Raymond Sinatra;
3)Parks- David Todd (Status of Blunn Creek tract proposal), Schools-Mary & Gretchen will report, Environment- Marty Christman Â is willing to co-chair for the environment.
4)Special Events – volunteer needed
Gretchen discussed changing the bylaws Â standing committees to ones which reflect the way we have been operating:
- Planning & Zoning
- Public Safety
- Parks & Environments
MOTION: Carol Martin/ Russell Fraser â€“ to reconfirm the existing chairs of the standing committees = PASSED 8 for, 0 opposed, 0 abstain
REPORTS OF AD HOC COMMITTEES and REPRESENTATIVES
- 7:15 Update on Bylaws Committee–just a quick reminder of our plan for the year. Presenter: Carol Martin
Next step is to post the proposed changes to the website (Draft will be posted within a week, and final revision will be posted in August.) Â These changes will be the main discussion at the May General Membership meeting. Â The vote will occur at the September General Membership meeting.
- 7:20 Ad Hoc Committee check-ins on events/goals/issues. Â Presenters: Committee Chairs/Representatives. 1) Norwood- Wolf Sittler; 2) Historic District- Michele Weber; 3) Finance- Sam Martin; 4) Rep to ANC Austin Nbhd Council- James Bilodeau AWOL/Rep to SCC – Elloa Mathews; 5) Communication- Tina Buck is resigning; need new volunteer!; 6) Rep to South Central Waterfront- Wendy Todd; 7) CodeNEXT – Russell Fraser–see below; 8) St. Edâ€™s – Elloa Mathews; 9) NPCT – Elloa Mathews (brief mention of changes proposed for ad-hoc committees)
Ad-hoc committee chairs are not voted on. Â At this point, all chairs are remaining with the exception of the Communications chair. Â Communications is moving to the Standing Committees and we are needing a chair! Â Gretchen shared that the Ad hoc committees Â are meant to be temporary. Â It was proposed that 1 year of inactivity will mean that the committee will be dissolved. Â There can always be a standing Â representative between SRCC and other organizations. Â Ad hoc committees that are functioning will document meetings and Â report back to SRCC. Â (When Ad Hoc committees are formed, they will report their mission and members to the SRCC Executive Committee. Â Bylaws state that committee members and chairs of ad hoc committees may not speak for SRCC as a whole.
- 7:35 CodeNEXT update/plan. Possibly form an ad-hoc committee to review the codes for SRCC when released (planned for 4/18/2017). Presenter: Gretchen Otto/Russell Fraser
April 18th is the day when the map is released online for property owners to check the zoning on their property according to the new code. Â Gretchen proposed creating a new ad hoc committee to compare the CodeNEXT map with the Future Land Use Map to try to understand whether the codes match up. Â The findings of the committee will be reported back to SRCC to give feedback to the City. Â Discussion of the membership of this committee could Â include Planning and Zoning (all), Neighborhood Planning Contact Team (some) and anyone else who would be interested (perhaps area coordinators).
- 7:50 GIS capture of neighborhood character and CodeNEXT. Presenter: Elloa Matthews
- 8:00 Request for SRCC to support demolition of 509 E. Live Oak.VOTE REQUESTED. Presenter: Jenny Clark, longtime resident
Jenny Clark, who lives behind this property, has bought because she wants to Â protect the trees. Â The house was built in 1920, and a structural engineer recommended demolishing it due to a poor foundation and roof. Â There is a public meeting with the HIstorical Commission next week to discuss the house. Â Ms. Clark owns the property and shared her plans for a new construction, but they are not finalized. Â She is interested in a traditional style. Â She shared that her plan was to rent out to 4 adults, or perhaps 3 adults and a STR for the separate structure.
Motion: Â Sam Martin/Russell Fraser – Â SRCC takes no position on this application. Â = PASSED 8 for, 0 opposed, 0 abstain
- 8:10 Austin is being considered for Formula E Racing in 2018 – Formula One-type cars which are electric powered, and race around downtown streets. Presenter: Gretchen Otto
Gretchen will send out the answers she received to our questions regarding Formula E Racing via email. Â We can respond and discuss at the General Membership Meeting in May.
- 8:20 Future EC Meeting Location. We have had pilot meetings at AMLI Southshore and Joeâ€™s Crab Shack. Thoughts? Suggestions?Presenters: Gretchen Otto/Carol Martin
The Executive Committee agreed to meet at Joeâ€™s Crab Shack for the next meeting.
We still need volunteers for the following open positions:
- Public Safety Co-Chair (in charge of neighborhood watch program),
- Special Events Chair (in charge of planning Annual Potluck and July Fourth Picnic),
- Newsletter Editor (in charge of making newsletter happen),
- Communications Chair
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com and Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org