SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, April 3, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from March 7, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see items below; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety-Sunset Lane; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee; 11)Travis Park (5 min)
6. 7:40 Ad-hoc committee for AISD parcel: update on bid process/proposal to adopt future park.
Presenter: David Todd, SRCC Parks Chair, email@example.com (5 min)
7. 7:45 Saigebrook proposed affordable housing update. For more information: http://www.srccatx.org/2017/02/02/proposed-affordable-housing-development/
Presenter: Megan Lasch, Saigebrook Development, 830.330.0762, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
8. 8:05 Nomination of SRCC Representative to the South Central Waterfront Advisory Board – recently created as part of Imagine Austin – http://www.austintexas.gov/waterfront. Duties of the SCWAB include serving as an advisory body to the city council and city manager regarding policies and projects in the South Central Waterfront district, serving as stewards for the South Central Waterfront Vision Framework Plan, and maintaining liaison relationships with city staff and other boards and commissions. – VOTE FOR SRCC NOMINEE. Current candidate is Wendy Todd.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (15 min)
9. 8:20 Austin is being considered for Formula E Racing in 2018 – Formula One-type cars which are electric powered, and race around downtown streets.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (10 min)
8:30 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–There will be an Executive Committee meeting on April 17. Committee Chairs are strongly encouraged to attend if you are interested in continuing on as chair.
–Preservation Austin History Hunt coming to our neighborhood on May 20! Volunteer opportunity.
–Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
–neighborhood watch program organizer
–SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
–SRCC Newsletter Editor
–more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.