SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, June 5, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from May 1, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety – Woodland Closure at I-35; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC/SCC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT-see item below; 10) Executive Committee; 11) South Central Waterfront (10 min)
6. 7:45 Ciclovia proposed in SRCC area by Bike Austin for 2018. The Ciclovia is an open street event that would turn over a street to bikers and walkers for part of a day; Congress Avenue is being considered for 2018. VOTE EXPECTED. https://bikeaustin.org/ciclovia/
Presenter/Guest: Carson Chavana, Bike Austin, email@example.com (15 min)
7. 8:00 Update on CodeNEXT. The SRCC/GSRC NPCT ad-hoc CodeNEXT committee has developed a position paper for SRCC. VOTE EXPECTED. Portions of SRCC are being proposed as transect zones where zoning is based mostly on the form and design of buildings, rather than their use. Comments on text of Code are due June 7th; comments on zoning maps are due July 7th. The text of the paper can be found on our website here: http://www.srccatx.org/2017/06/01/srcc-position-paper-on-codenext/
For more information: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/codenext
Presenter: Tom Fitzpatrick, Committee Chair, fitz @ prismnet.com (15 min)
8. 8:15 Update on recent property crimes, as well as homeless encampments.
Presenter/Guest: Officer Black, Region 3 Henry Sector 1 rep, APD, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
9. 8:25 Presentation of Travis County Juvenile Probation Center’s Master Plan, including the facility at South Congress and Long Bow Lane. See the current version of the Master Plan here:
Presenter/Guest: Mark Gilbert, Managing Director, Travis County Planning and Budget Office, Mark.Gilbert@traviscountytx.gov (15 min)
10. 8:40 Ordinance for a temporary plaza at Barton Springs near South Congress, sponsored by Mayor Pro Tem Tovo. This “plaza” closes off that dedicated right hand turn off Southbound South Congress Avenue onto Barton Springs Road. Will likely review for about 12 months before determining whether or not to make it permanent.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
11. 8:45 Update on St Edward’s area parking and housing development issues.
Presenter: Elloa Matthews (10 min)
12. 8:55 Bylaws reminder; questions?
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
9:00 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–There will be an Executive Committee meeting on June 19.
–Next newsletter timeline: articles DUE THIS WEEK to have summer newsletter delivered in July
–Free t-shirts! We have a bunch of old SRCC shirts that we need to get rid of. Come and get yours before they are donated!
–Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
–neighborhood watch program organizer
–SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic
–SRCC Newsletter Editor
–more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.