SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, November 7, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from October 3, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see item below; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety–see item below; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee (5 min)
6. 7:40 Update on Sherwood Oaks/St. Edâ€™s University operations building/truck traffic issue
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org | Garret Nick, Secretary, email@example.com (10 min)
7. 7:50 Update on request for four-way stop signage at E. Live Oak and Alta Vista; similar work being done on crossing on Woodland at park; request for folks to join trans comm
Presenter: Betty Weed, SRCC member, firstname.lastname@example.org; Gretchen Otto (5 min)
8. 7:55 Election of interim VP. Candidate is Dan Fredine. VOTE REQUIRED
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (10 min)
9. 8:05 New nonprofit Odd Meter Collective seeking to provide low-cost housing to musicians in our neighborhood
Presenter: Robert B. Wells, Odd Meter Collective, 512-426-3304, email@example.com (10 min)
10. 8:15 Ad-hoc committee for AISD parcel
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
11. 8:20 Ad-hoc committee for house relocations
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
12. 8:30 City Council item #53, changes to the rules for the Historic Landmark Commission, VOTE REQUESTED
Presenter: Gretchen Otto; Michele Webre, SRCC Historic District Committee Chair (10 min)
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Election day is tomorrow! Please vote if you havenâ€™t already!
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team Meeting Nov 15
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
-more folks interested in helping on transportation committee.
NEWSLETTER–should have been delivered to every single home! Please alert me if you have not received.
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Treasurerâ€™s Report, Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss, and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.