SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, November 7, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from October 3, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see item below; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety–see item below; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee (5 min)
6. 7:40 Update on Sherwood Oaks/St. Ed’s University operations building/truck traffic issue
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org | Garret Nick, Secretary, email@example.com (10 min)
7. 7:50 Update on request for four-way stop signage at E. Live Oak and Alta Vista; similar work being done on crossing on Woodland at park; request for folks to join trans comm
Presenter: Betty Weed, SRCC member, firstname.lastname@example.org; Gretchen Otto (5 min)
8. 7:55 Election of interim VP. Candidate is Dan Fredine. VOTE REQUIRED
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (10 min)
9. 8:05 New nonprofit Odd Meter Collective seeking to provide low-cost housing to musicians in our neighborhood
Presenter: Robert B. Wells, Odd Meter Collective, 512-426-3304, email@example.com (10 min)
10. 8:15 Ad-hoc committee for AISD parcel
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
11. 8:20 Ad-hoc committee for house relocations
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
12. 8:30 City Council item #53, changes to the rules for the Historic Landmark Commission, VOTE REQUESTED
Presenter: Gretchen Otto; Michele Webre, SRCC Historic District Committee Chair (10 min)
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Election day is tomorrow! Please vote if you haven’t already!
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team Meeting Nov 15
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
-more folks interested in helping on transportation committee.
NEWSLETTER–should have been delivered to every single home! Please alert me if you have not received.
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Treasurer’s Report, Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss, and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.