SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Room re-arrangement, meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter throughout: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve minutes from Monday, August 2, 2010, regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
4. 7:30 City acquisition of new parkland in Area 7, Parker & Wind Oak.
5. 7:35 Approve a new SRCC Variance Policy & Procedure developed by member committee.
6. 7:45 Consider site plan for conversion of 1001 E. Riverside from single family to B&B use: SPC-2010-0237A
Applicant: Donna Bahara, owner.
7. 7:55 Consider variance request to decrease minimum rear setback from 10′ to 5′ at 504 Sunset Circle: C15-2010-0105
Applicant: Julie Ferguson, owner.
8. 8:05 Consider site plans for removal of existing house and building of a new one at 1313 Bonham Terrace (no case # yet).
Applicants: Lois Kim & Phil Reed, owners.
9. 8:15 Two road closures: (a) 11/25 (Thanksgiving Day) Texas A&M Corps March beginning on S Congress at Riverside, 12:30-2pm; (b) 11/27 Chuy’s Children Giving to Children Parade, “de-staging” onto north end of Congress Ave bridge, 1pm.
10a. 8:20 Status of traffic calming in Area 8.
10b. 8:22 Status of SCIP.
11. 8:25 Progress at and wish list for our middle school.
Presenter: Gloria Lee, member, & Cindy Anderson, PTA President, Fulmore Middle School
12. 8:35 Grant for Blunn Creek Preserve.
Presenter: David Todd, Co-Chair, SRCC Parks, Schools & Environment Com’e
13. 8:40 Status of Norwood House project.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Norwood Posse Director
14. 8:45 Report from Austin Neighborhoods Council (ANC).
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, SRCC rep to ANC
15. 8:50 Comprehensive Plan review sessions, citywide.
16. 8:55 Neighborhood Watch
Presenter: Marc Davis, VP and Chair, Safety Committee
17. 9:00 (a) Downtown Austin Alliance & KUT 90.5 FM host annual holiday sing-along and tree-lighting on Congress at the Capitol 12/04; (b) the annual Texas Book Festival at Capitol grounds will be next weekend 10/16-10/17.
18. 9:05 The SRCC Executive Committee held an online meeting from September 18 to noon September 22, 2010, to vote on historic landmark status for the Ziller House at 800 Edgecliff Terrace, in order to have input to the Landmark Commission meeting on September 27. All votes were positive.