SRCC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY, October 4, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
Only members may vote. As an officer, you should be a member. Please confirm by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. 7:00 Executive Meeting Welcome
Presenter throughout unless otherwise noted: Noah Balch, SRCC Vice President (5 min)
2. 7:05 Membership report & voting
Reminder that members must remain in good standing by paying their dues to participate in SRCC business and actions, such as voting and making motions. (5 min)
3. 7:10 September 2022 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Approve minutes. (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2022: GM Oct 18; GM Nov 15; EC Dec 6
4. 7:15 Treasurer’s Report
All reports available upon request to the Treasurer: email@example.com
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:20 Standing Committee updates re: events/goals/issues
Presenters: Committee Chairs, including 1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; and 8) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:30 Additional Updates from Representatives and Coordinators
9) Norwood; 10) GSRC NPCT; 11) EROC, NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; and 17) Ad-hoc Land Development Code Revision (10 min)
7. 7:40 Planning and Zoning Updates
- 406 & 428 E. Alpine rezoning C14-2022-0101 — [VOTE EXPECTED]. Consider amending to add creek protection over and above the 50’ buffer. Consider the range of development under zoning, and/or that the developer must consult with SRCC during the site plan stage.
- AfroTech Conference 2022 —Nov. 13-17, 8AM-9PM, will utilize the entire Convention Center and surrounding venues. Trinity Street between Cesar Chavez and 4th Streets will be closed to regular traffic Nov 12-17, 24 hours/day. For questions, comments or event updates, call 311 to ask about Permit # 2022-119304 RW. Additional information at Austin Center for Events, 512-974-1000 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2022 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot — Nov. 24, 8:45AM-12PM, 32nd annual fundraiser for Caritas of Austin. Information about street closures around Long Center and the route between 4AM-12PM from Luke Allelo 512-386-7966, Austin Office of Special Events 512-974-9799, or email@example.com.
- Ballet Austin Nutcracker School Shows — Dec. 7-8, 8AM-2PM, Riverside Drive will be closed to thru traffic between Lee Barton to S. 1st Streets. For more information, Steven Myers 512-476-9151 x125, firstname.lastname@example.org, Austin Center for Events 512-974-1000, and email@example.com.
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, SRCC Planning & Zoning (15 min)
8. 7:55 ANC and PUD Updates
Contentious resolution passed that merits discussion and team is working on a new resolution re: PUDs.
Presenter: Betty Weed, SRCC Communications Chair (10 min)
9. 8:05 City Council Candidate Forum
October 11, 2022 at Texas School for the Deaf.
Presenter: Noah Balch, SRCC Vice President (5 min)
10. 8:10 Norwood House
Challenging development environment puts plans on hold. Norwood Park Foundation to explain.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Norwood Park Foundation Advisor (10 min)
11. 8:20 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next General Membership meeting is October 18, 2022.
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is November 15, 2022.
Frequently used acronyms:
ACF: Austin Community Fund
ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/)
BoA: Board of Adjustment
CDC: Community Development Corporation
EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team
FLUM: Future Land Use Map
GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act
NPCT: Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
PC: Planning Commission
PUD: Planned Unit Development
SCC: South Central Coalition of neighborhood associations
SF: Single Family zoning category
ZAP: Zoning and Platting
ZOOM REGISTRATION LINK FOR THIS MEETING: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvc–tqTosHdY74pMBlhvT1yfK5eqCC0OT