SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting via
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting and be eligible to vote. Contact email@example.com to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:15 Committee Chairs report
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee; 10) Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc committee. (15 min TOTAL)
Representatives: 12) ANC*; 13) SCC*; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edwardâ€™s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC (10 min)
5. 7:40 Approve minutes from the April, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021: EC Jun 1 (tentative); GM Jun 15; EC Aug 3;
EC Sept 7 (tentative); GM Sept 21; EC Oct 5 (tentative); GM 19; GM Nov 16; EC Dec 7.
6. 7:45 The SRCC Newsletter
The last edition of the SRCC Newsletter was published in April of 2020. Before then, the newsletter came out three times a year. In order to restart that tradition, we need to find an editor and a designer to put it together. Are there neighbors who would like to take this on? Presenter: Betty Weed, Chair Communications Committee ( 10 min)
7:55 2105 Parker Lane: An Update – The Foundation Communities project was unanimously approved by the City Council on May 6, 2021. The vote was for MF3 instead of MF4, with the conditional overlay to add a setback from the neighboring condos.
Presenter: Fred DeWorken, Area 7 Representative (5 min)
8. 8:00 South Congress Parking Strategy – Public Draft
The Public Draft can be read here. The Draft describes creation of a PTMD (Parking Transportation Management District). Defining the boundaries for the paid parking map is the current task and will be driven by neighborhood input. There are recommendations for improving and enforcing RPPs (Residential Parking Permits). A benefit of moving to a PTMD is that it will create a revenue stream dedicated to mobility improvement for the neighborhood. In addition to sidewalks, the revenue from the meters could fund a circulator like the Dillo.
Presenters: Mark Thompson, Chair Mobility Committee and Joseph Al-Hajeri, CoA Transportation Dept. (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
9. 8:20 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/ Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
SRCC is looking for someone who would like to take charge of the SRCC Neighborhood Newsletter. As the pandemic (hopefully) comes to a close, neighbors have expressed interest in the Newsletter. Our previous Newsletter Editor, Gretchen Otto, is available to help someone get started. Anyone interested should contact Betty Weed, SRCC Communications Chair, at email@example.com for more information!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive meeting is Tuesday, June 1, 2021 (tentative). The next General Membership meeting is Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/); BoA: Board of Adjustment; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; PC: Planning Commission; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs; ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Megan Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.