SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, May 6, 2019 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from April 1, 2019 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).(3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer email@example.com
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning–see items below; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility-see item below; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools–see item below; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee;
Representatives: 10) ANC*-see item below; 11) SCC*-see item below; 12) South Central Waterfront; 13) St. Edwardâ€™s; 14) S. Central Affordable CDC–see item below (20 min)
6. 7:55 SRCC currently has a vacancy in the position of ANC Representative, and Gabriel Pereira has volunteered to fill the role. At the April SRCC Executive Committee meeting the EC voted to recommend Gabriel as the ANC representative. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenter: Eric Cassady, SRCC President (10 min)
7. 8:05 AISD will be renaming Fulmore Middle School in the fall to Sarah Beth Lively Middle School, and would like to give us an update on that process.
8. 8:15 The Downtown Austin Alliance is managing a study of the parking and mobility infrastructure along South Congress for the City of Austin. The goals of the project are to focus on comprehensive data collection and analysis, address short-term parking challenges, future-proof any parking management and policy recommendations, and support the corridorâ€™s long-term mobility vision, recognizing that parking is ultimately one piece of a broader access strategy.
Presenter: Wendy Todd, SRCC Rep to South Central Waterfront, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
9. 8:25 An amendment to the Residential Affordable Housing Development Bonus Program is being proposed by CM Casar, which may apply like a city-wide density bonus program. There are some concerns that the standards aren’t strong enough (possibly including higher MFI, greater % of units, period of time specified, no arms length provision).
Link to Review Sheet for draft amendment.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, S. Central Affordable CDC Board & SRCC Member, email@example.com (5 min)
10. 8:30 City Council is starting to consider changes to the Land Development Code. After the failure of CodeNext, it appears that the new approach is to start proposing piecemeal changes to development policies. There are concerns about the language regarding transition zones and NCCDs in particular (both of which would impact Travis Heights); at this point there appears to be strong support for both elements among the Council
Link to LDC Council Directives 4-29-2019.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, member of disbanded SRCC CodeNext Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
11. 8:35 There are plans to name a park (Indiangrass Wildlife Preserve) and a park “feature” (the Blunn volcano overlook) after Rene Barrera. Rene was a president of the SRCC, a manager of the Austin Parks and Recreation Department nature preserve system, and a long-time steward of the Blunn Creek Nature Preserve. Neighbors are asking for a vote for a letter of support on the two naming petitions. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenter: David Todd, SRCC Parks and Environment Chair, email@example.com (10 min)
8:45 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Cap Metro Orange Line (S. Congress) Open House May 8th @ Fulmore 4:30pm-6:30pm
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
MOBILITY COMMITTEE CHAIR
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 4A
OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBERS/CHAIR
- SRCC is restarting the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and are looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.