SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, November 5, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from October 1, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility–see item below; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee;
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Residents have concerns with the lack of public engagement and notification related to fireworks displays by private entities. Neighbors would like to engage Council and Austin Fire Department to work on the processes related to fireworks displays. [VOTE POSSIBLE]
Presenter: David Swann, SRCC Member, email@example.com (15 min)
7. 8:00 The Magdalena Hotel and Music Lane developments planned on South Congress are in proximity to the Texas School for the Deaf, requiring waivers to be granted in order to serve alcohol at restaurants on site. This item was previously discussed at the October 2, 2017 meeting as well as the September 3, 2018 meeting. SRCC has not voted to take a position on this waiver.
Link to minutes of October 2, 2017 SRCC meeting (see item 10).
Link to minutes of September 3, 2018 SRCC meeting (see item 6).
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Planning & Zoning Committee Member, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:10 Update on the recent start of construction of Aria Grand, at Woodland and I-35. In 2017 SRCC supported the rezoning of this property for the development (with several conditions).
Link to key points about the project and a rendering.
Presenter/Guest: Nathan Henry, Development Associate at Saigebrook, email@example.com (5 min + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:20 SRCC asks neighbors in strategic locations to put out yard signs the week before a meeting, to alert nearby residents about the upcoming meeting. We have budget this fiscal year to replace the current yard signs, which are outdated in content and style.
Presenter: Eric Cassady, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
10. 8:25 As part of the I-35 at Oltorf Street project TxDOT has permanently closed the southbound I-35 exit at Oltorf Street; the existing Woodland exit has been repurposed as the Woodland/Oltorf exit. Residents are concerned about additional cut-through traffic on Woodland/Annie, should traffic back up on the service road.
Link to TxDOT’s information page about the project.
Presenter/Guest: Julie Richey, CD&P (Representing TxDOT), email@example.com (15 min)
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 7
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 4A
–SRCC is restarting the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and are looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
—Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs