SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, April 2, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC Co-Vice President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from March 6, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Oliver Caruso, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (chair needed); 9) Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Update on Heritage Oaks Park, including controlling the bamboo forest and discussions with Public Storage regarding a homeless camp on their property near the park.
Presenters: Richard Whymark, SRCC Member, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
7. 7:50 An application has been made to resubdivide the lot at 3409 Willow Springs Road; this would split the existing single lot into 2 lots, and allow for use as a flag lot. VOTE EXPECTED.
Here’s a link to the Notice of Public Hearing for a Proposed Resubdivision.
Presenter: Russell Fraser, SRCC Planning & Zoning Chair, Russell_Fraser@msn.com (10 min)
8. 8:00 Through the Adopt-a-Creek program managed by Keep Austin Beautiful, the Stacy Scouts have been caring for Blunn Creek as it runs through Stacy Green Belt. That group has recently retired their activities, and we are looking for others to get involved and pick up where the Scouts left off.
Here’s a link to the Adopt-a-Creek page on the Keep Austin Beautiful website.
Presenter/Guest: Sandy Booth, Neighbor and Stacy Scout, email@example.com (10 min)
9. 8:10 Capital Metro’s Project Connect includes planning for the South Congress Corridor. Members of the project team will share information about the plan.
Here’s a link to the Project Connect website.
Presenters/Guests: Jackie Nirenberg, Mgr Community Involvement, Jackie.Nirenberg@capmetro.org & Joe Clemens, Deputy Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (15 min + 5 min Q&A)
10. 8:30 Historic Zoning for Stacy Pools. Love Austin Pools (LAP) and Preservation Austin would like the neighborhood to support historical zoning for Stacy pools and shelter house. The intent is to do the research and documentation for the application using volunteers while the survey is being provided by the Planning Dept. The SRCC Historic Preservation Committee has voted to support the pools’ landmark status. VOTE EXPECTED.
Here’s a proposed example letter from LAP to send to Council.
Presenters/Guests: Barbara Cilley, email@example.com (15 min)
11. 8:45 As part of the Little Stacy Improvement Project, there will be an Art in Public Places (AIPP) component. The project team would like to describe the AIPP process and get ideas and feedback about possible locations for artwork in the park.
Presenters/Guests: Marjorie Flanagan, Art in Public Places Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org & Brendan Wittstruck, Director of Urban Design, asakura robinson, Brendan@asakurarobinson.com (15 min)
9:00 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
— VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
— Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005
Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
— Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs