SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:30 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:40 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:42 Approve minutes from February 6, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:45 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:50 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance — see item below; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee; 11) Travis Park (5 min)
6. 7:55 SRCC Financial Audit
Presenter: Sam Martin, SRCC Finance Comm. Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
7. 8:05 Bylaws Committee Update–presentation of outline of proposed changes
Presenter: Carol Martin, SRCC Bylaws Comm. Chair, email@example.com (10 min)
8. 8:20 Report from the Nominations Committee/Officer and Area Coordinator Elections
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (20 min)
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–The next Executive Committee meeting is tentatively scheduled for April 17.
–Preservation Austin History Hunt coming to our neighborhood on May 20! Volunteer opportunity.
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
neighborhood watch program organizer
SRCC Newsletter Editor
more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
–Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.