SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, February 6, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from December 5, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see items below; 2) Planning & Zoning–Lubyâ€™s; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT–see item below; 10) Executive Committee; 11)Travis Park (5 min)
6. 7:40 Ad-hoc committee for AISD parcel: update on bid process/proposal to adopt future park.
Presenter: David Todd, SRCC Parks Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
7. 7:45 Saigebrook proposed affordable housing developments; POSSIBLE VOTE. For more information: http://www.srccatx.org/2017/02/02/proposed-low-income-development/
Presenter: Megan Lasch, Pinnacle Housing Group, 830.330.0762, email@example.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:00 Update on Little Stacy Park project
Presenter: Brendan Wittstruck – Senior Associate Designer, asakura robinson, 512.351.9601, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:10 THES Fundraiser in February
Presenter: Oliver Bernstein – THES Parent, email@example.com (5 min)
10. 8:15 Resources for Tenants and Landlords
Presenter: Daniel Armendariz – Housing Advocate, Austin Tenantsâ€™ Council, 512-474-7006, Ext. 102, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
11. 8:25 Bylaws Committee Update–summary of specific revisions to be proposed
Presenter: Carol Martin, SRCC Bylaws Comm. Chair, email@example.com (15 min)
12. 8:40 CodeNEXT Draft Code Release
Presenter: Russell Fraser, SRCC Area 2 Co-Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
13. 8:50 Update on upcoming officer elections and ad-hoc nominating committee
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–Annual Potluck and Elections on Tuesday, March 7. Potluck at 6pm. Elections immediately following at 7:15pm.
–There will be an Executive Committee meeting on February 20.
–SRCC Election reminder too: now taking nominations for officers for next election. Prefer to have nominations ASAP!
–Newsletter is being crafted now. Alert Gretchen immediately if you have an article to include. Newsletter to be distributed in late February ahead of SRCC elections.
–Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
–neighborhood watch program organizer
–SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
–SRCC Newsletter Editor
–more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.