SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 7, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
SPECIAL BUSINESS GUEST
1. 7:15 Annu & Mahesh, owners of New India Cuisine next to Eva B’s in the shopping center east across S. Congress from HEB will introduce themselves & their new restaurant to SRCC, and will bring some goodies to sample.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2. 7:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
3. 7:35 Membership announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
4. 7:40 Approve minutes from Monday, May 3, 2010 regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
5. 7:45 Consider a motion in regard to demo permit before the Historic Landmark Commission (HDP-2010-0170) requested for 1608 Travis Heights Blvd.
Presenter: Jean Mather or Teresa Griffin, Co-Chairs, Zoning & Planning Standing Committee
6. 7:55 Consider variance requests for bed & breakfast at 221 Park Lane (case # C15-2010-0057).
Presenter: Teresa Griffin, Co-Chair, Zoning & Planning Standing Committee
7. 8:05 Vote on request by Batfest promoters to close Congress Ave Bridge for 22 hours August 21-early morning of 22nd, 2010.
8. 8:15 Vote to approve Ken Schulze as new Area 2 Coordinator to replace “retiring” Elizabeth Day.
9. 8:17 Notice that a Site Plan has been filed (SPC-2010-0108C) for a Boardwalk at Lady Bird Lake, extending from East Bouldin Creek east to the beginning of parkland east of IH 35. Another notice of a public hearing on the project will be sent in the future.
10. 8:20 Report on the results of a City survey of Bouldin Creek and SRCC residents in close proximity to S Congress regarding parking problems and potential solutions.
11. 8:40 Update on progress of the Norwood House renovation.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Norwood Posse Chief, member.
12. 8:45 Update on progress of the 4th of July Super Committee.
Presenter: Teri Hubbeling, member
13. 8:50 Update on Neighborhood Watch and Safety programs.
Presenter: Marc Davis, Chair, Standing Committee on Transportation & Public Safety
14. 8:55 Twin Oaks Library in the shopping center closed May 31st and will reopen at its new permanent location at 1800 S. Fifth St at 10 am Saturday, August 21, 2010. A Grand Opening Celebration will begin at this time. Call 974-7400 for further info.
15. 9:00 Rolling Roadshow movie Ghostbusters to be shown on outdoor screen in 500 block of San Jacinto on August 8, 2010, beginning at 7 pm, to promote Historic Sixth Street/District.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell, President, 462-2261
Items may not necessarily be taken in order above.