As autumn approaches and school starts back up, St. Edward’s University students are returning to campus, and parking problems are returning to the Sherwood Oaks neighborhood. As David Swann reported at the September general meeting, St. Edwards has begun posting No Event Parking signs at their parking lot closest to the Sherwood Oaks neighborhood. See the attached photos taken the first weekend there was a soccer game at the no parking sign location. This contradicts the promises made by the University to provide event parking on campus.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Review
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month at 7:15 pm in the Life in the City United Methodist Church, 205 E. Monroe.
- Arbor Day Celebration at the Austin Nature & Science Center October 19, 2017
- APD seeking assistance in identifying East Austin Robbery series suspect October 18, 2017
- Experience the Magic of Monarchs at Zilker Botanical Garden’s Monarch Appreciation Day Celebration October 18, 2017
- APD seeking assistance in locating suspect involved in failure to stop and render aid crash October 17, 2017
- Statement from Chief Manley regarding vehicles and staffing October 17, 2017
- Agendas & Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- current events
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Neighborhood Watch & Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks, Schools, & Environment
- Planning & Zoning
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Transportation & Public Safety
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds