SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 7:00 PM
Click here to register
SRCC: See the future. Shape the future.
To vote or make motions, please become a member. Join or renew online: www.srccatx.org. Not sure if your membership is current? Email: email@example.com and we’ll let you know. We welcome members and non-members to join our meetings. Please register 24 hours in advance so we can confirm your membership status.
1. 7:00 SRCC Welcomes District 3 Council Member Jose Velasquez
And welcome to our members. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter throughout unless otherwise noted: Wendy Price Todd, SRCC President (10 min)
2. 7:10 Membership Report
Please send us information, stories, and photos for social media!
Membership fees: single: 1/2/3-year: $20/$35/$50; family: $35/$65/$95
Presenter: Mary Janecek-Friedman, SRCC Membership Secretary (5 min)
3. 7:15 Treasurer’s Report
All reports available upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, SRCC Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:20 Reports from Standing Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; and 8) Communications (10 min)
5. 7:30 Reports from Area Coordinators and Representatives
9) GSRC NPCT; 10) EROC NPCT; 11) ANC; 12) SCC; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s; and 15) S. Central Affordable CDC (10 min)
6. 7:40 Approve Minutes
Meeting minutes available at: www.srccatx.org
Presenter: Dan Fredine, SRCC Secretary (5 min)
Upcoming Meetings: GM Apr 18, May 16, Jun 20, Aug 15, Sept 19, Oct 17, Nov 21
EC Mar 7, Apr 4, May 2, Jun 6, Aug 1, Sept 5, Oct 3, Dec 5
GENERAL BUSINESS ITEMS
7. 7:45 Planning and Zoning
- 2105 South Congress (converting retirement community to multi-family apartments or condos)
- Penn Field 3601 South Congress (recommend approval of rezoning, will present plans to SRCC when ready)
- 805 and 821 Woodward (recommend approval of rezoning, aware of setbacks for Blunn Creek)
- 311-315 South Congress PUD (recommend approval for community benefits, reserving right to rescind if plans change)
Presenters: Sarah Campbell, SRCC Planning and Zoning Chair and Noah Balch, SRCC Vice President (10 min) [VOTE]
8. 7:55 Mobility
- Updates regarding the SoCo Parking Transportation Management District:
- Vote: Does SRCC prefer revenue generated for neighborhood association mobility projects be split evenly or split based on which side of South Congress generates the revenue?
- Letter re: I-35 and an alternate construction plan by Rethink35 group; discuss approving certain positions: https://rethink35.com/the-rethink35-plan
Presenters: Mark Thompson, SRCC Mobility Chair and Yorgos Economos (10 min) [VOTE]
9. 8:05 In-person, Hybrid, or Zoom Meetings
Let’s discuss the types of meetings we prefer and the most convenient day of the week.
Presenter: Noah Balch, SRCC Vice-President (5 min) [VOTE]
10. 8:10 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Community, Volunteering, and Social Activities
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at: email@example.com
If you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ: https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next Executive Committee meeting is March 7, 2023.
The next General Membership meeting is April 18, 2023.
Frequently used acronyms:
ACF: Austin Community Fund
ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council
BoA: Board of Adjustment
CDC: Community Development Corporation
EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team
FLUM: Future Land Use Map
GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act
NPCT: Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
PC: Planning Commission
PUD: Planned Unit Development
SCC: South Central Coalition of neighborhood associations
SF: Single Family zoning category
ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Noah Balch, firstname.lastname@example.org Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most recent version.
ZOOM LINK: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAsf-Ctrz4rHtYrqL_mAw0af4y4z0pvq2ZO