SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 7:00 PM
Click HERE to register
SRCC: See the future. Shape the future.
To vote, become a member. You can join or renew online at www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know. We welcome members and non-members to join our meetings. Please register 24 hours in advance so we can confirm your membership status.
1. 7:00 General Membership Meeting Welcome
Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. Please see acronyms below.
Presenter throughout unless otherwise noted: Wendy Todd, SRCC President (5 min)
2. 7:05 Membership Report
Please send us information, stories, and photos for social media!
Membership fees, single: 1/2/3 year: $20/$35/$50; family: $35/$65/$95
To vote or make motions, membership must be current: email@example.com
Presenter: Mary Janecek-Friedman, SRCC Membership Secretary (5 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurer’s Report
All reports available upon request to the Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, SRCC Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports from Standing Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility (Parking Transportation Management District, Project Connect, and I-35 updates); 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (10 min)
5. 7:25 Reports from Area Coordinators and Representatives
9) Norwood; 10) GSRC NPCT; 11) EROC NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; 17) Land Development Code Ad Hoc committee (10 min)
6. 7:35 Approve Minutes
August 2022 monthly general meeting minutes (available at www.srccatx.org)
Presenter: Dan Fredine, SRCC Secretary (5 min)
Upcoming Meeting dates: EC Oct 4; GM Oct 18; GM Nov 15; EC Dec 6
7. 7:40 Austin School District Updates
Discuss the Austin ISD bond that will be on the ballot in November. The package includes district-wide work to improve security and increase efficiency (environment/economic). The bond proposal also includes modernization projects at 25 campuses.
- At Travis Heights Elementary, the bond proposal includes $3,000,000 to improve security and address needs for HVAC, plumbing, roofing and other systems.
- At Lively Middle School, the bond proposal includes $3,179,000 for major repairs, safety improvements, a school mental health center, changes to the kitchen and serving area, and spaces for outdoor learning and play.
- At Travis High School, just south of Oltorf, the bond proposal includes a full modernization at $251 million, which would replace the entire campus building on the existing site.
Presenters: Lynn Boswell, Austin ISD Trustee; Gretchen Otto, SRCC Schools Committee Chair (15 min)
8. 7:55 City Council Candidate Forums
Updates regarding Bouldin and Hyde Park candidate forums.
Presenter: Wendy Todd, SRCC President (5 min)
9. 8:00 Parking Transportation Management District
PTMD Proposal Update/ Q&A with Joseph Al-hajeri, Program Manager with Austin Transportation Department
Presenters: Joseph Al-hajeri, Program Manager at Austin Transportation Department; Mark Thompson, SRCC Mobility Chair (15 min)
10. 8:15 Alpine Neighborhood Plan Amendment Application for Townhomes
Presentation seeking SRCC support for amendment application to convert warehouse lots to townhomes (from office to mixed use).
Presenter: David Hartman, Developer (10 min)
11. 8:25 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
To participate in the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, please contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at: email@example.com If you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ: https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is October 4, 2022.
The next General Membership meeting is October 18, 2022.
Frequently used acronyms:
ACF: Austin Community Fund
ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council
BoA: Board of Adjustment
CDC: Community Development Corporation
EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team
FLUM: Future Land Use Map
GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act
NPCT: Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
PC: Planning Commission
PUD: Planned Unit Development
SCC: South Central Coalition of neighborhood associations
SF: Single Family zoning category
ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Noah Balch, firstname.lastname@example.org Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for the most recent version.