SRCC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY, August 2, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
Only members may vote. As an officer, you should be a member. Please confirm by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll confirm.
1. 7:00 Executive Meeting Welcome
Presenter throughout unless otherwise noted: Wendy Todd, President (5 min)
2. 7:05 Membership report & voting
Reminder that SRCC current dues status is required to participate in SRCC business and actions such as voting and making motions. (5 min)
3. 7:10 June 2022 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Approve minutes. (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2022: GM Aug 16; EC Sept 6; GM Sept 20; EC Oct 4; GM Oct 18; GM Nov 15; EC Dec 6
4. 7:15 Treasurer’s Report
All reports available upon request to the Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:20 Standing Committee updates re: events/goals/issues
Presenters: Committee Chairs, including 1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; and 8) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:30 Additional Updates from Representatives and Coordinators
9) Norwood; 10) GSRC NPCT; 11) EROC, NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; and 17) Ad-hoc Land Development Code Revision (10 min)
7. 7:40 Finance Committee Funding Requests
Discuss and request funding in excess of Finance Committee’s budget.
- Approve the cost of an 8-page, 4-color publication to recognize SRCC’s 50th year: $1,875-$2,000.
- Approve an expenditure to Vista Printing for 40 new yard signs with SRCC logo and slogan: $326.40.
Presenter: Sam Martin, Chair Finance Committee [VOTE] (10 min)
8. 7:50 South Central Waterfront (305 S. Congress/Statesman PUD) Update and Vote
Discuss EPS financial study, parkland, mobility, and affordable housing. Determine SRCC’s updated position regarding the project.
Presenters: Sarah Campbell, SRCC Planning & Zoning, Wendy Todd, President, Noah Balch, Vice President [VOTE] (15 min)
9. 8:05 Little Stacy Art in Public Places
Discuss possible dates, times, and dedication budget for ribbon cutting event to celebrate the “Magic Portal” installation by artist James Talbot, and to recognize 20 years of the community-built KABOOM playscape.
Presenters: Wendy Todd, President (10 min)
10. 8:15 Austin Projects
- The Austin Transportation Department prepares to implement new parking management strategies around South Congress to address parking and mobility challenges.
- Homeless Strategy Division Meetings
- The City of Austin’s Homeless Strategy Division will host two virtual public meetings on August 3 and 4 to provide a progress report on efforts to address homelessness, as well as an opportunity for attendee Q&A.
- Register to attend a Virtual Meeting
- First session: Wednesday, August 3, 6:30 – 8 p.m. Registration link:
- Second session: Thursday, August 4, 6:30 – 8 p.m. Registration link:
Presenter: Noah Balch, SRCC Vice President (5 min)
11. 8:20 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next General Membership meeting is August 16, 2022.
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is September 6, 2022.
Frequently used acronyms:
ACF: Austin Community Fund
ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/)
BoA: Board of Adjustment
CDC: Community Development Corporation
EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team
FLUM: Future Land Use Map
GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act
NPCT: Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
PC: Planning Commission
PUD: Planned Unit Development
SCC: South Central Coalition of neighborhood associations
SF: Single Family zoning category
ZAP: Zoning and Platting
ZOOM REGISTRATION LINK FOR THIS MEETING: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvcOmqqTgvHNSiZpdgfTWVOp1OK8VN7-qd