SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 7:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. Please see acronyms below.
Presenter throughout: Wendy Todd, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting to be eligible to vote. Contact email@example.com to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurer’s Report. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer. (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports of Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications. (10 min)
Reports of Ad Hoc Committees & Representatives:
9) Norwood; 10) GSRC NPCT; 11) EROC NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; 17) Land Development Code Ad Hoc committee. (10 min)
5. 7:35 Approve minutes from the January 2022 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (Late Spring 2022 may return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Upcoming Meeting dates in 2022: EC Mar 1; EC Apr 5; GM Apr 19; EC May 3; GM May 17; EC Jun 7; GM Jun 21; GM; EC Aug 2; GM Aug 16; EC Sept 6; GM Sept 20; EC Oct 4; GM Oct 18; GM Nov 15; EC Dec 6
UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None.
6. 7:40 200 Academy
Update regarding ANCC vote, possible motion and support re: approval of project with limitations including 3,000 sq. ft. music venue [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenters: Laura Toups, Elloa Mathews. (15 min)
7. 7:55 EROC and SRCC
Provide overview of EROC and areas of overlap with SRCC
Presenters/Guests: Malcolm Yeatts and Fred DeWorken. (10 min)
8. 8:05 Public Safety Discussion
How to engage and participate in public safety programs in Austin including Neighborhood Watch
Presenters/Guests: SRCC Public Safety Chair Tom Groce and Austin Assistant City Manager Rey Arellano (15 min)
9. 8:20 Zilker Rewilding Project
Discussion regarding plans to expand natural areas in the park, rewild using natural vegetation management and other plans to protect and enhance this natural beauty.
Presenter: Bill Bunch, Zilker Neighborhood Association president (10 min)
10. 8:30 I-35 Widening Project
Discussion regarding plans to widen I-35 through downtown Austin, including options for the Woodland Avenue and Riverside Drive exits and surrounding areas.
Presenters: Mark Thompson, Fred DeWorken (Frances Jordan of TXDOT schedule permitting) (15 min)
8:45 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is March 1, 2022. The next General Membership meeting is April 19, 2022.
Frequently used acronyms:
ACF: Austin Community Fund
ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/)
BoA: Board of Adjustment
SF: Single Family zoning category
EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team
FLUM: Future Land Use Map
GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team
NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act
PC: Planning Commission
PUD: Planned Unit Development
SCC: South Central Coalition of neighborhood associations
ZAP: Zoning and Platting