SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, November 16, 2021 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting via
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please see acronyms at the end of the agenda.
Presenter throughout: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting and be eligible to vote. Contact email@example.com to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurer’s Report. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports of Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications
(15 min TOTAL)
Reports of Ad Hoc Committees & Representatives:
9) Norwood 10) GSRC NPCT 11) EROC NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; 17) Land Development Code Rewrite Ad Hoc committee (10 min)
5. 7:40 Approve minutes from the October 19, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021: EC Dec 7
Meeting dates in 2022: GM Jan 18 2022; EC Feb 1 2022; GM Feb 15 2022
6. 7:45 Austin ISD: Long Range Planning
Austin ISD is beginning conversations around long-range planning which will ultimately determine which improvements and new facilities are included in the next AISD bond. They want to connect with our neighborhood to share about the process and learn more about our experiences and hopes for our schools. The buildings that house our three local schools are some of the oldest in the entire district and are due for renovation or replacement. Current and former AISD parents are encouraged to attend and share their thoughts! More information here: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/4f49e0bd4c4a4b84901a99ebf20d35ea Presenter: Gretchen Otto; Guest: Abigail Weiss, AISD Senior Planner (45 min)
7. 8:30 200 Academy: Area 1 Coordinator, Claudette Lowe, recommends that SRCC be represented pro bono by the attorney presently representing neighbors of 200 Academy negotiating with the proponents of this project. The attorney, Nikelle Meade, has suggested that her position will be stronger if she also represents SRCC. Please see the SRCC position page one here and page two here.
Motion: That SRCC approve pro bono representation by attorney at law Nikelle Meade in regard to the 200 Academy Project.
Presenter: Claudette Lowe, Area Coordinator Vote Expected (15 min)
8:45 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
The August 2021 SRCC Newsletter is now available on the SRCC website. We hope you enjoy it! Please send your submissions and ideas for the next newsletter to the Editor at email@example.com.
SRCC currently has the following volunteer position open: SRCC Vice President: A replacement for the current VP is needed by December 31, 2021.
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is December 7, 2021. The next General Membership meeting is Tuesday, January 18, 2021.
Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/); BoA: Board of Adjustment; SF: Single Family zoning category; EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act; PC: Planning Commission; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs; ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Megan Spencer, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.