SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting via
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please see acronyms at the end of the agenda.
Presenter throughout: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting and be eligible to vote. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurerâ€™s Report. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer @ email@example.com
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports of Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (15 min TOTAL)
Reports of Ad Hoc Committees & Representatives:
9) Norwood 10) GSRC NPCT 11) EROC NPCT; 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edwardâ€™s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; 17) Land Development Code Rewrite Ad Hoc committee (10 min)
5. 7:40 Approve minutes from the September 21, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021: GM Nov 16; EC Dec 7
6. 7:45 PUD Application 305 S. Congress Ave.
A link to the September 16, 2019 SRCC Resolution is here. Richard Suttle will tell us whether any of the concerns/objections set forth in the SRCC Resolution have been eliminated or accommodated.
For information about the South Central Waterfront Plan and the PUD Amendment, please see the Parks and Recreation Board, 9/28 meeting, specifically items B 1-4.
For more details on the South Central Waterfront Plan, see the Environmental Commission 10/6 meeting. Click on the â€œBackupsâ€ links for 20211006-003a: 305 S Congress PUD C814-89-0003.02.
Presenter: Tom Groce, South Central Waterfront Advisory Board Representative;
Guest: Richard T. Suttle, Armbrust & Brown PLLC (20 min)
7. 8:05 Windsor Park Neighborhood Association Climate Initiative
Martin Luecke will talk about the challenges and responses to climate change on private, group, and government levels.
Presenter: Martin Luecke, WPNA Climate Committee Chair (5 min)
8. 8:10 CapMetro Blue Line: The Blue Line is an 8.2 mile light rail line connecting the Airport to Republic Square. It will cross Lady Bird Lake on a new dedicated transit bridge. Read more about the Blue Line here:
Presenter: Mark Thompson , Mobility Committee Chair (10 min)
9. 8:20 Land Development Code: An update on the legal challenge to the City’s proposed revision to the Code.
Presenter: Paula Kothmann, Land Development Code Committee Chair (5 min)
10. 8:25 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
The August 2021 SRCC Newsletter is now available on the SRCC website. We hope you enjoy it! Please send your submissions and ideas for the next newsletter to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRCC currently has the following volunteer position open: SRCC Vice President: A replacement for the current VP is needed by December 31, 2021.
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is December 7, 2021. The next General Membership meeting is Tuesday, November 16, 2021.
Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/); BoA: Board of Adjustment; SF: Single Family zoning category; EROC: East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act; PC: Planning Commission; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs; ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Megan Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.