SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting via
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.* This meeting may run longer than usual.
Presenter throughout: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting and be eligible to vote. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurerâ€™s Report. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer @ email@example.com
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports of Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (15 min TOTAL)
Reports of Ad Hoc Committees & Representatives:
Â 9) Norwood Â 10) NPCT Â 11) EROC;Â 12) ANC; Â 13) SCC;Â 14) South Central Waterfront;Â 15) St. Edwardâ€™s;Â 16) S. Central Affordable CDC; Â 17) Land Development Code Rewrite Ad Hoc committee; 18)Â Liaison to Foundation Communities Ad Hoc Committee 19) CapMetro Orange Line Project Team (10 min)
5.Â Â 7:40Â Approve minutes from the August 17, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).Â Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021:Â EC Oct 5 (tentative); GM Oct 19; GM Nov 16;EC Dec 7
6. 7:45 Proposition A will be on the Austin ballot for the November 2, 2021 election. Prop A would require the city to increase its budget for the Austin Police Department by nearly more than $600 million over the next 5 years. Speakers will discuss what this will mean for the city. Presenter: Betty Weed, Chair Communications Committee Guests: Ann Kitchen, Austin City Council Member for District 5, Bill Spellman, Former Austin City Council Member (20 min)
7. 8:05 IH35 Project. TxDOT proposes a major expansion to I-35 through Austin. There are three options for the portion of the highway between LadyBird Lake and Oltorf. These options will be discussed as well as their impact on the SRCC neighborhoods. The deadline for public input is September 24, 2021. Please review the Minutes of the September 7 EC (Item 8) so that we can use our time for Q&A rather than background. Please see https://capexcentral.mobility35openhouse.com/ for more information.
Presenter: Mark Thompson , Chair Public Safety Committee; guests representing TxDOT Frances Jordan, Director of Communications and Strategy, andÂ Lynda Rife, President of Rifeline, a public involvement and community relations firm based in Austin.Â Â (20 min)Â
8. 8:25 CapMetro Orange Line Light Rail Proposed Plan for tunnel exit on S. Congress Avenue. CapMetro proposes two options for the underground tunnel exit which will impact construction time and traffic patterns of Congress Avenue. See the Orange Line Preliminary Summary Report for more information on the project. VOTE EXPECTED
Motion language: SRCC makes a motion that between the two tunnel options for the Cap Metro Orange Line, SRCC prefers the long tunnel yielding an underground station near the intersection with Elizabeth.
Presenter: Mark Thompson, Chair Mobility Committee (10 min)
9. 8:35 City of Austin Redistricting – Recently released preliminary maps for the next Council District maps appear to remove half of SRCC from District 9 and place it in District 3. Everything south of Annie/Woodland would be in District 3, as well as everything east of I-35. We will discuss these potential changes. A map showing proposed changes is here.
Presenter: Betty Weed, Chair Communications Committee (10 min)
10. 8:45 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
The August 2021 SRCC Newsletter is now available on the SRCC website. We hope you enjoy it! Please send your submissions and ideas for the next newsletter to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SRCC currently has the following volunteer position open: SRCC Vice President: A replacement for the current VP is needed by December 31, 2021.
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin