SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 7:00 PM
Zoom Meeting via
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. Â 7:08Â Â Â Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20;Â 2-yr $35; Â 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35;Â 2-yr $65;Â 3-yr $95Â Â NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues haveÂ lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew no less than 2 days prior to the online meeting and be eligible to vote. Contact email@example.com to renew. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurerâ€™s Report. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer Â (5 min)
4. 7:15 Reports of Committee Chairs
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (15 min TOTAL)
Reports of Ad Hoc Committees & Representatives:
Â 9) Norwood Â 10) NPCT Â 11) ANC*; Â 12) SCC*;Â 13) South Central Waterfront;Â 14) St. Edwardâ€™s;Â 15) S. Central Affordable CDC; Â 16) Land Development Code Rewrite Ad Hoc committee; 17)Â Liaison to Foundation Communities Ad Hoc Committee 18) CapMetro Orange Line Project Team (10 min)
5.Â Â 7:40Â Approve minutes from the June, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).Â Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021: GM Aug 17; EC Sept 7 (tentative); GM Sept 21; EC Oct 5 (tentative); GM Oct 19; GM Nov 16; EC Dec 7.
6. 7:45 Physical Attack on June 30, 2021 – Tom Groce will provide information on this event and general safety issues in our neighborhood.
Presenter: Tom Groce , Chair Public Safety Committee (10Â min)
7. 7:55 City of Austin Redistricting – Current information will be provided on the activities of the Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission which is redrawing districts in the City of Austin based on the 2020 census data. Find more information about public presentations at: https://www.speakupaustin.org/search?query=redistricting.
General information can be found at https://redistrictatx.org/
Presenter: Cynthia Milne, SRCC President (5Â min)Â
8. 8:00 Paula Kothmann will discuss the proposed project at 200 Academy involving upzoning impact on SRCC neighborhood. Paula will submit a motion to present SRCCâ€™s position before the Planning Commission considers the applicantâ€™s project on September 14th. See the Notice of Public Hearing to Amend a Neighborhood Plan here.
Motion language: Move that SRCC distribute the Outline of the South River City Citizensâ€™ Position 2019 Regarding Proposed Land Use Code Revision to City decision makers regarding the proposed zoning changes or changes to the neighborhood plan affecting 200 Academy.Â Â VOTE EXPECTEDÂ (10 min)
9. 8:10 CapMetro Orange Line Proposed Plan for tunnel exit on Congress Avenue.
CapMetro proposes two options for the underground tunnel exit which will impact construction time and traffic patterns of Congress Avenue. See the Orange Line Preliminary Summary Report for more information on the project.
For information on the CapMetro Blue Line see: https://www.capmetro.org/project-connect/system-plan/blue-line#:~:text=The%20proposed%20Blue%20Line%20Project,under%204th%20and%20Trinity%20Streets
Presenter: Mark Thompson, Chair Mobility CommitteeÂ (15 min)Â Â
10. 8:25 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
The August 2021 SRCC Newsletter is now available on the SRCC website. We hope you enjoy it!
SRCC currently has the following volunteer position open: Area 7 Coordinator. Anyone interested in becoming the Area 7 Coordinator, please contact Ken Burnett at email@example.com.
SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/ Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
Do you have questions about using the Neighborhood ListServ? This link will take you to information about subscribing, unsubscribing, posting a message, and more. https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
The next SRCC Executive Committee meeting is September 7 2021 (tentative). The next General Membership meeting is Tuesday, September 21, 2021.
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/); BoA: Board of Adjustment; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; NHPA: National Historic Preservation Act; PC: Planning Commission; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs; ZAP: Zoning and Platting
Agenda Prepared by Megan Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.