The Austin Department of Transportation has released its Public Draft of the South Congress Parking Strategy. Admittedly, the parking and mobility challenges in our area are the result of decades of economic success on South Congress Avenue. The goals are to create safe mobility and to provide adequate parking for everyone. Phased implementation is scheduled for Spring 2021.Â You may view the Draft here.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Nature Play Space at MLK Station Neighborhood Park Now Opening May 17, 2022
- Austin Mobility News: Search narrows for Project Connect light rail yard, Emerald Forest Drive improvements approaching completion May 16, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 8600 Block of N Lamar Blvd. May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 3400 block of E 7th St May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 9800 block W Parmer Lane May 13, 2022
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds