SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING ( www.srccatx.org )
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 7:00 PM
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online
www.srccatx.org . Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll
let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/COMMITTEE REPORTS/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- 7:00 Meeting procedures, Zoom tools, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of
quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an
acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free
to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Megan Spencer, SRCC Vice President@vicepresident @gmail.com ,
unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
- 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr
$65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in
advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2
years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
- 7:10 Treasurer’s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to
the Treasurer @ email@example.com
Presenter: Will Andrews, Treasurer (5 min)
- 7:15 Committee Chairs report
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public
Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive
Committee; 10) Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc committee; 11) Diversity, Equity
and Inclusion ad hoc committee (15 min)
Representatives: 12) ANC; 13) SCC; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edward’s;
16) S. Central Affordable CDC (10 min)
- 7:40 Approve minutes from the January, 2021 monthly general meeting (available at
www.srccatx.org ). Reminder: Schedule for General Membership meetings: 3rd Tuesday
of the month, 7:00pm -8:30pm. Location: teleconference during 2021 (eventually will
return to Good Shepherd on the Hill). (5 min)
Remaining meeting dates in 2021: EC Mar 2 (tentative); EC Apr 6; GM Apr 20; EC May
4; GM May 18; EC Jun 1 (tentative); GM Jun 15; EC Jul 3 (tentative); GM Jul 17; EC Sept 7
(tentative); GM Sept 21; EC Oct 5 (tentative); GM 19; EC Nov 2 skip; GM Nov 16; EC Dec 7;
GM Dec 21 skip
- 7:45 Letter in Support of Moratorium on Residential Zoning Amendment and
Variances in Virtual Meetings. The SRCC would send to the City of Austin a letter
in agreement with and in support of a resolution by the Dawson Neighborhood
Association (DNA). See proposed SRCC letter here . See DNA resolution here .
Presenter: Betty Weed, Representative, ANC (20 min)
- 8:05 Heritage Oaks Park and discussion of a possible SRCC Community Partnership.
Find information about the history of the park here . Find information about the
partnership program below:
Presenter: David Todd, Chair, Parks & Environment & Richard Whymark, Area 7
Coordinator (15 min)
- 8:20 Foundation Communities proposed project at 2105 Parker Lane & a virtual
Community Meeting about the project. Discussion continues with Sabrina Butler, Director
of Real Estate Development, Foundation Communities.
A virtual Community Meeting with Foundation Communities is Feb 17, 2021. See this
link is for more info and registration: https://www.speakupaustin.org/npa
Presenters: Richard Whymark, Area 7 Coordinator and Sabrina Butler
Sabrina.Butler@foundcom.org ( 10 min)
- 8:30 The Preservation Committee will present some proposed updates to the City’s
demolition process. We will address demolition applications, duty to notify, and
enforcement of good builder behavior. Find more information here .
Presenter: Paula Kothmann, Chair, Historic Preservation (5 min + 5 Q&A)
- 8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
● SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for
participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety
Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
● Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are
stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
● Do you have questions about using the SRCC ListServ? This link is the front door to
everything you need to know: https://groups.io/g/SouthRiverAustin
● The next SRCC Executive meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 2nd ,
but will be skipped, if no business. There will be no General Membership meeting
in March due to Spring Break. The next General Membership meeting is
scheduled for Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council
( https://www.atxanc.org/ ); SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC
NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood
Conservation Combining District; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of
Agenda Prepared by Megan Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.