SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:00 PM
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:00 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Megan Spencer, SRCC Vice President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:08 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:10 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Will Andrews (Treasurer) (5 min)
4. 7:15 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; (10 min). 2) Historic Preservation; (10 min). 3) Finance; (10 min) 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee; 10) Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc committee; 11) Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ad hoc committee (30 min)
Representatives: 12) ANC*; 13) SCC*; 14) South Central Waterfront; 15) St. Edwardâ€™s; 16) S. Central Affordable CDC (5 min)
5. 7:45 Approve minutes from the September, 2020 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org) (5 min)
6. 7:50 The Police Oversight Project (POP) is a group of concerned citizens working toward police accountability and transparency in Austin by petitioning to repeal Chapter 143 which gives the Austin Police Association their power. The mission is to restore civilian oversight of APD and remove barriers to transparency, accountability, and reform created by the Austin Police Association (APA). (5 min; Q&A 5 min)
Presenter: Natalie George, Organizer. Website: https://www.policeoversightproject.com/
7. 8:05 1400 Drake Notice of Public Hearing Demolition. This case was heard by the Historic Landmark Commission on Monday, Oct 26, 2020. VOTE EXPECTED. Motion: SRCC to submit a letter to the Historic Landmark Commission stating that SRCC supports preservation of 1400 Drake.
Link to Historic Landmark Commission 1400 Drake: .
Presenter: Paula Kothmann, Committee Chair, Historic Preservation. email@example.com (15 min)
8. 8:00 1829 S. IH35 Development Project. Amendment request: To change the future land use designation for the East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Neighborhood Plan (EROC) from Commercial to Multifamily. VOTE EXPECTED. Motion: SRCC does not support the change from Commercial to Multifamily for this property.
Presenter: Russell Fraser, Committee Chair Planning & Zoning, Russ_Fraser@msn.com (15 min)
8. Â 8:15Â 1100 Manlove Notice of Public Hearing for Rezoning. Proposed zoning change: From SF-3-NP to NO-MU-NP.Â The Planning Commission will hear this on November 24, 2020. Â VOTE EXPECTED.Â Motion: SRCC does not support the change from SF-3 Residential to Neighborhood Office Mixed-Use for this property.Â
Link to a map 1100 Manlove St .
Presenter: Russell Fraser, Chair Planning & Zoning Committee, Russ_Fraser@msn.com (15 min)
9. 8:30 Proposed General Membership Meeting Schedule for 2021 & Proposed Executive Committee Meeting Schedule for 2021. Presenter: Dan Fredine, SRCC Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/ Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SRCC has an opening for Chair of the Mobility Committee. Anyone interested should contact Dan Fredine, SRCC Secretary at email@example.com to find out more.
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council (https://www.atxanc.org/); SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs