SRCCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, February 3, 2020 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS\
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:23 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer email@example.com
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
4. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning–see items below; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee–see item below; 10) Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s; 15) S. Central Affordable CDC (20 min)
5. 7:50 Approve minutes from the December 2, 2019 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org) (5 min)
6. 7:55 The finance committee has a proposed 2020 financial forecast. At the January Executive Committee meeting, the EC voted to approve the forecast.
Presenter: Oliver Caruso, SRCC Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
7. 8:05 Waterloo School (located at Church on Congress at 1511 S. Congress Ave.) has asked to present the highlights of their school mission and program. They will also share details of the Conditional Use permit application, importantly addressing parking, traffic, and other issues. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Link to satellite image of the property.
Presenters/Guests: Craig Doerksen, Founder and Director, Waterloo School, email@example.com, 512-810-9881; Vincent Huebinger, Land Use Consultant, VinceH@vincentgerard.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:20 A new business is being proposed called Neighborhood Goods at 1007 South Congress, which would have a restaurant/bar component that would sell alcoholic beverages. They are close enough to the School for the Deaf to trigger a waiver for alcohol sales. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenter: Andrew Saavedra, Director of Store Expansion, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:35 SRCC is considering changing the location for the General Membership meetings from Life in the City to Good Shepherd on the Hill (1700 Woodland), and changing the meetings to be the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm with the annual pot-luck moved to the third Thursday in April. This issue was discussed at the October, November, and December General Membership meetings and feedback was generally positive. Discussion with and input from the membership is being solicited on the proposed changes; on November 13th a survey was sent via email to those who receive the SRCC Monthly Update emails. At the January 2020 SRCC Executive Committee meeting, the EC unanimously voted to recommend the proposed changes in venue and day to the membership. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenter: Eric Cassady (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
8:50 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Travis County Clerk’s Office would like you to come meet the new voting system and try it out.
- February 8, 2020 at South Austin Rec Center 10am-1pm
- February 8, 2020 at Austin Central Library 3pm-5:30pm
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for open positions including
- CO-VICE PRESIDENT
- AUSTIN NEIGHBORHOODS COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
- SOUTH CENTRAL AFFORDABLE CDC REPRESENTATIVE
- NEWSLETTER EDITOR
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMITTEE CHAIR
- OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBERS/CHAIR
- SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/ Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.