CapMetro’s Project Connect has proposed two transit routes, the Orange and the Blue Lines, which will cross SRCC. The Blue Line will follow Riverside Drive from the Airport, across Lady Bird Lake between Interstate 35 and Congress Avenue to The University of Texas campus and possibly to Austin Community College Highland campus. You can view a map of the Blue Line here. The Orange Line will use Congress Avenue from Slaughter Lane to Tech Ridge, with stops near St. Edward’s University and South Congress. You can view a map of the Orange Line here. The Orange and Blue Lines will intersect near Congress and Riverside, also in our neighborhood. There will be a public input session on Monday, November 4, 5pm-7:30pm at The Bullock Texas State History Museum.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Review
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month at 7:15 pm in the Life in the City United Methodist Church, 205 E. Monroe.
- Homicide #5 February 18, 2020
- Austin Mobility News: St. Johns Avenue open house; City receives commuter workplace award; Help select the final design for artboxes in your community February 18, 2020
- Free Days at Zilker Botanical Garden February 16, 2020
- City offices, facilities closed on Presidents Day February 14, 2020
- Fannie Davis Gazebo Listed in the National Register of Historic Places February 13, 2020
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds