CapMetro’s Project Connect has proposed two transit routes, the Orange and the Blue Lines, which will cross SRCC. The Blue Line will follow Riverside Drive from the Airport, across Lady Bird Lake between Interstate 35 and Congress Avenue to The University of Texas campus and possibly to Austin Community College Highland campus. You can view a map of the Blue Line here. The Orange Line will use Congress Avenue from Slaughter Lane to Tech Ridge, with stops near St. Edward’s University and South Congress. You can view a map of the Orange Line here. The Orange and Blue Lines will intersect near Congress and Riverside, also in our neighborhood. There will be a public input session on Monday, November 4, 5pm-7:30pm at The Bullock Texas State History Museum.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Austin Public Health Encourages Community to Get Flu Shot to Fight Flu September 27, 2020
- Final Push to Get Communities Counted on Last Weekend Before Census Deadline September 25, 2020
- City Auditor Conducts Random Drawing to Select the Applicant Review Panel for the Redistricting Effort September 24, 2020
- City of Austin Pools to Reopen with Modified Operations September 24, 2020
- Fatality Crash #62 September 24, 2020
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds