SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, October 7, 2019 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted. (8 min)
2. 7:23 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:25 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
4. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility–see item below; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools–see items below; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee; 10) Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc committee –see item below
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront–see item below; 14) St. Edwardâ€™s; 15) S. Central Affordable CDC (20 min)
5. 7:50 Approve minutes from the September 2, 2019 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org) (5 min)
6. 7:55 The City is releasing the draft of the Land Development Code Rewrite on October 4, 2019. Indications are that things are better than the initial proposals – homeowners who need to rebuild within a Transition Zone will no longer be forced to erect a 4-plex. Members of our ad-hoc committee have been poring over the draft, and will tell us what theyâ€™ve found.
Presenter: Paula Kothmann, Land Development Code Rewrite ad hoc Committee Chair, email@example.com
(10 min + 5 min Q&A)
7. 8:10 AISD put forth a proposal document listing proposed school changes, including several school closures. It does not appear that SRCC-zoned schools are directly affected.
Link to AISD School Changes Scenarios.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Schools Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
8. 8:15 The Downtown Austin Alliance is conducting a parking study on South Congress Avenue. Several SRCC members and businesses have been participating.
Link to fact sheet about the parking study.
Presenter: Casey Burack, General Counsel & VP of Government Affairs, email@example.com
(15 min+10 min Q&A)
9. 8:40 SRCC is considering changing the location for the General Membership meetings from Life in the City to Good Shepherd on the Hill (1700 Woodland). Discussion with and input from the membership is being solicited.
Presenter: Eric Cassady (15 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Travis Heights Art Trail is scheduled for November 2-3, 2019. Charlotte Bell has more information – contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5th Annual SoCo Pumpkin Patch at Christ Lutheran Church
- Backyard of Christ’s Workshop
- 212 East Monroe Street
- October 11-31 (or until we sell out of pumpkins)
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for open positions including
- OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBERS/CHAIR
- SRCC has restarted the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and is looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/ Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team; NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; PUD: Planned Unit Development; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.