SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING Â (www.srccatx.org)
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 Â Â Â Â 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted.
2. Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
Meeting called to order at 7:15 pm. The SRCC President reviewed meeting procedures and voting requirements.
3. Approve minutes from February 4, 2019 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
Motion: Betty Weed/Vickie Moerbe To approve the minutes from the Feb. 4, 2019 monthly general membership meeting. for = 26, against = 1, abstain = 1
4. Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer email@example.com
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer)
The treasurer reported about income and expenses for the past month. For questions or information, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility VACANT; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee NO FEB EC MTG;
Representatives: 10) ANC*; 11) SCC*; 12) South Central Waterfront; 13) St. Edwardâ€™s; 14) S. Central Affordable CDC
Planning and Zoningâ€”The P&Z chair reported that the letter regarding the development at Sunny Lane letter (which was discussed at the last meeting) went out.
Historic Preservationâ€”Nothing to report
Financeâ€”Nothing to report
Mobilityâ€”We are seeking a new Chair for the Mobility Committee
Public Safetyâ€”New magnetic signs (to be used on cars of NA volunteers) will be purchased with a little different logo.
Parks & Environmentâ€”The Chair reported that work is progressing at the Blunn Creek Preserve with removing invasive species. Work is beginning at Little Stacy Park, which includes the conversion of part of the road into a trail. The chair also shared that Rene Barrera (who worked for the parks dept. and was president of SRCC for a period) is not well and we have requested that a letter be sent to Renee. The Chair volunteered to write a draft with the help of the president. The SRCC President also reported that the call for artists has been opened for the Art in Public Places project that is being planned for Little Stacy Park. Information can be found on the CoA website. See details: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/art-in-public-places Deadline for application is April 25th.
Schoolsâ€”The Chair thanked SRCC for their help with the fundraiser I Heart THES. In addition, community members donated items for a successful Rummage Sale.
Communicationâ€”A representative shared that all the newsletters have been distributed. Let the Chair know if you have not gotten yours. You can read your newsletter here: Winter Newsletter
Executive Committeeâ€”Did not meet in February. Nothing to report.
ANCâ€”We are in seeking a representative for ANC.
South Central Waterfrontâ€”The city website will be sharing plans for a design update for Congress Avenue between the Capitol and the bridge. One thing being considered is the changing of lanes on Congress Avenue bridge in order to allow for lanes reserved for scooters and bikes. Wendy Todd has volunteered to keep us informed. If you have any concerns you may contact her.
6. Formation of the SRCC Ad-hoc Outreach Committee, with a goal of increasing membership and participation. We are looking for committee members and ideas to help increase participation in SRCC.
Presenter: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, email@example.com
The President shared that the Executive Committee is seeking the formation of an ad hoc committee for outreach. If you would be interested in being involved or have questions, please contact the President or VP of SRCC.