SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, April 1, 2019 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from March 5, 2019 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer email@example.com
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning–see item below; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment–see item below; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee;
Representatives: 10) ANC*; 11) SCC*; 12) South Central Waterfront; 13) St. Edward’s; 14) S. Central Affordable CDC (20 min)
6. 7:55 Update on construction of Aria Grand affordable housing at Woodland and I-35. The builder would like to include an art project by SRCC kids as part of the construction. For more information:
Presenter/Guest: Megan Lasch, Saigebrook Development, 830.330.0762, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
7. 8:15 Consideration for use of AISD Blunn Creek headwaters tract. Possibilities include an AISD teaching farm and a ropes course for APD. This idea would transform water quality ponds at the end of Alpine Rd E into LID (low impact development) natural areas that could be used for education and training AND bring back wildlife to this area.
Presenter/Guest: Laura Gass, Architect and Project Manager with Square One Consulting, email@example.com (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
8. 8:35 A Restrictive Covenant was signed for the property at Woodland and I-35 where the storage facility is being constructed (formerly Reagan Signs property). Part of the agreement was that the driveway on Woodland was to be configured to require that vehicles exiting the facility take a left onto Woodland, to steer traffic away from the neighborhood. The current construction does not appear to have taken this into consideration.
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Planning & Zoning Committee Member (and former SRCC President) (10 min)
9. 8:45 There are bills before the state Legislature which would overrule Austin’s STR ordinances; the bills would eliminate requirements as to the number of STR’s permitted in a neighborhood plus the ordinance phasing out non owner-occupied STRs in 2022. These bills are the same as the ones which died in committee in the 2017 session. A hearing is scheduled for this Thursday morning at the capital. In 2017 homeowners from all over Texas testified against the proposed legislation and it ultimately never came up for a vote in the House.
Presenter/Guest: Mike Polston, Board member Northwest Austin Civic Association, Polston.firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
AUSTIN NEIGHBORHOODS COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE
MOBILITY COMMITTEE CHAIR
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 4A
OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBERS/CHAIR
- SRCC is restarting the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and are looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
SRCC FINANCE KEY DATES
Feb – Audit Accounts/Finance Cmte EOY review
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.