SRCC EC Meeting Minutes – Jan. 2019

Minutes
SRCC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
MONDAY, January 21, 2019 6:30 PM
Opal Divine’s Austin Grill (Best Western Hotel)
2200 S IH 35 Frontage Rd, AUSTIN, TEXAS


AGENDA
To be sure you get a vote, be a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email membership@srccatx.org and we’ll let you know.

CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome & introductions of new members
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.

2. Membership & voting announcements. Reminder that SRCC current dues status is required to participate in SRCC business and actions such as voting and making motions. Reminder of changes to bylaws regarding voting members of EC.

3. Approve minutes from October 15, 2018 Executive Meeting
Reminder: Schedule for Executive meetings: 3rd Monday of the month; 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Location TBD.
Proposed meeting dates through rest of term: Feb. 18, April 15

MOTION: Dan Fredine/Oliver Carso to approve the minutes from the October 15, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting. For: 13 Opposed: 0 Abstaining: 0 PASSED

REPORTS OF OFFICERS and STANDING COMMITTEES
4. Report from the President: Volunteer opportunities, yard signs, possible future EC meeting venue, planning for Officer Elections potluck.
Presenter: Eric Cassady, President
Yard sign design status: Eric to contact Nathan Hanners to discuss.
Eric and Dan will coordinate potluck using list from previous year.

5. Committee check-ins on events/goals/issues
Presenters: Committee Chairs. 1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance–see item below; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications

Planning and Zoning: BOA approved something without discussion; see item 12;
Historic Preservation reported by Angela Reed: Committee met recently and we discussed 1) looking into installing a Little Free Library on Stacy Park near the Mary Street Local Historic District (LHD), stocking with books that discuss preservation and the neighborhood’s history; 2) finding out more about street sign toppers for historic districts that are allowed by the City; 3) reviewing the City’s proposal for revising the demolition ordinance which includes notices for demo, tree removal, etc. and what can we do to reinforce or suggest further changes if needed. Angela Reed is participating in the City’s review of historic district Design Standards which could serve as a template for all historic districts in the city, with an addendum for each neighborhood if necessary, and result in a much simpler process for residents (this is a long-term project). Angela discussed issue at 508 Mary St., in the Mary Street LHD, which was proposed for demo, then city talked with them to w/draw request for demo per the LHD ordinance. Renovation plans will go to Landmark Commission next week, and it is currently unclear whether the renovation complies with LHD Design Standards. Committee will follow the case. Poll passed that EC is in favor of writing a letter, if necessary, to reinforce that SRCC supports compliance with the LHD zoning and its Design Standards.
Finance: 2019 forecast presented
Mobility: TXdot to remove turn from in front of Travis HS, now they are putting it back. Result of input from principal.
Public Safety: Tom: do not have interest in driving watch patrol; crime occurs afternoon weekdays and 4am. Not best use of time if can’t cover those hours; magnetic signs need replacement $34/ea and need 4 more; Tom will survey the nbhd per pole signs.
Parks and Environment: Nothing to report
Schools: Gretchen reported that schools are doing registration for new year. Pre K and kinder application are being collected. Dual Language applications are due Jan. 31st. The school is trying to increase enrollment. The “I Heart THES” yearly fundraiser will be held 2/8-2/14. For more information, see the website: https://www.travisheightselementary.com/
Communications: Please submit articles by Jan 31 for the upcoming newsletter.

6. Presentation of the 2018 end-0f-year fiscal reports.
Presenter: Oliver Caruso, Treasurer
Oliver shared information and documents with the EC committee: balance sheet; accounts at Park Foundation; P&L detail

REPORTS OF AD HOC COMMITTEES and REPRESENTATIVES
7. Check-ins on events/goals/issues
Presenters: Committee Chairs/Representatives.Norwood; SCACDC; NPCT–see item below; ANC*; SCC*; South Central Waterfront; St. Edward’s; S. Central Affordable CDC

SCACDC: GRETCHEN, attending next meeting
ANC: Laura can attend next meeting; Planning Commission – was there proposal to alter some parts of code? ANC exec sent letter requesting PC to pass NO amendments until Code Next process occurs in its entirety. (See attachments) PC will vote on one of their members to be on South Central Waterfront representative, William Burkhart is ex-officio member of PC because he is on Board of Adjustment is CM Tovo’s ; sidewalks are being built near St. Edwards.

8. Re-appointment of Wendy Todd to be the SRCC South Central Waterfront representative. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenter: Eric Cassady, President

MOTION: To appointment of Wendy Todd to be SRCC South Central Waterfront Representative; no objections APPROVED

9. Report on City planning dept. outreach to NPCTs and future involvement of NPs in the CodeNext reboot.
Presenter: Elloa Mathews, GSRCC NPCT Chair
At the Dec.11 Planning Commission, city staff presented “Future of Small Area Planning” analysis since Code Next ended; focus will be aligning the corridor plans w/ neighborhood plans; this approach is considered ahead of the process, Planning commissioners requested this be delayed until demographics data available; there is a proposal to have online survey in place of public meetings in South Pleasant Valley road and the North Lamar, which will be the pilot project. There was negative response to using NextDoor; staff proposed that each nbhd plan be reviewed by the nbhd and report on what content to be preserved by March 10. Nbhd preferred to use contact teams as point of contact.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
None

NEW BUSINESS
10. Need one more person to help Betty Weed cover the Membership Table at the Feb 4 General Membership meeting. General duties are to help people sign in, confirm membership and provide voting cards, handle payment of dues, and determine when we have a quorum.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair

11. In consideration of a goal of increasing participation and membership, suggest formation of an ad-hoc “Outreach Committee”. We would like to form the committee and recruit participants in the February General Membership meeting.
Presenter: Eric Cassady, President

12. Discussion about the possible positions taken by the SRCC Planning and Zoning Committee when evaluating requests – “Support”, “Oppose”, “Take No Position”. Also, when and how are these positions communicated to others (developers, Board of Adjustments, City Council, etc.).
Presenter: Russell Fraser, Planning and Zoning Chair
Mission Ridge issue – P&Z Committee: voted to recommend ‘no position’ to the EC.
Process discussion: SRCC shall create a template that defines the 3 responses: Support, Oppose, No Position, and additionally, a paragraph to respond to the specific issue of an SRCC response for the BoA hearing, if the hearing is prior to either an EC or GM meeting. The template will consider among other things, when it is appropriate to ask for an EC emergency email vote, which process outlined in bylaws.

13. Nominations Committee for 2019 SRCC elections. Considerations for 2020 and beyond.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair

14. At the December SRCC General Membership meeting Jeff Jack requested that the the NA consider writing a letter to the City Manager and the Mayor to ask them to put a hold on the pilot program which allows motorized scooters on some portions of hike and bike trails.
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area Coordinator
Elloa will prepare language for a motion and supporting material regarding the study.

ANNOUNCEMENTS
-Still looking for Area Coordinator for Area 4a and Area 7.

Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, vicepresident@srccatx.org
Minutes Prepared by Carol Martin, membership@srccatx.org

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Agendas and Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.