SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, December 3, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from November 5, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer email@example.com
Presenter: Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning–see item below; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility–see item below; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment–see item below; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee;
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*–see item below; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edwardâ€™s (20 min)
6. 7:55 As part of the I-35 at Oltorf Street project TxDOT has permanently closed the southbound I-35 exit at Oltorf Street; the existing Woodland exit has been repurposed as the Woodland/Oltorf exit. Residents are concerned about additional cut-through traffic on Woodland/Annie, should traffic back up on the service road. At the November SRCC meeting TxDOT provided an overview of the process related to the project.
Link to TxDOTâ€™s information page about the project.
Presenters/Guests: Julie Richey, CD&P (Representing TxDOT), firstname.lastname@example.org; Karen Lorenzini, TxDOT Mobility35 Program Manager; Jared Wall, City of Austin Traffic Signal Engineer; Mark Malloy, TxDOT Project Manager (30 min)
7. 8:25 The Magdalena Hotel and Music Lane developments planned on South Congress are in proximity to the Texas School for the Deaf, requiring waivers to be granted in order to serve alcohol at restaurants on site. This item was previously discussed at the October 2, 2017 meeting, the September 3, 2018 meeting, and the November 5, 2018 meeting. SRCC has not voted to take a position on this waiver. SRCC Planning and Zoning Committee has been working with the developer to recognize why this case presents less of a concern than others, while being consistent with SRCCâ€™s support of AISD in their opposition to waivers. A resolution has been drafted documenting the issues. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Link to draft SRCC resolution and proposed motion about alcohol waiver.
Link to minutes of October 2, 2017 SRCC meeting (see item 10).
Link to minutes of September 3, 2018 SRCC meeting (see item 6).
Link to minutes of November 5, 2018 SRCC meeting (see item 7).
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Planning & Zoning Committee Member, email@example.com (15 min)
8. 8:40 Update on the Little Stacy Park Improvement Project. The project has bid and been approved by Council; it will include the conversion of East Side Drive to a nature trail, as well as an Art in Public Places component.
Presenters/Guests: Brendan Wittstruck, Director of Urban Design, asakura robinson, Brendan@asakurarobinson.com and George Maldonado, PARD Project Manager, George.Maldonado@austintexas.gov (5 min)
9. 8:45 The proliferation of dockless motorized scooters and the lack of regulation is presenting some problems. The South Central Coalition will be discussing concerns with a proposal to allow motorized scooters on some trails, and allow e-bikes on the Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail.
Link to an article about liability, enforcement, and injuries related to scooters.
Link to an article about the proposed changes to allow motorized devices on some trails.
Presenter/Guest: Jeff Jack, ANC President, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
8:50 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 7
AREA COORDINATOR – AREA 4A
–SRCC is restarting the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH program, and are looking for participants. Anyone interested should contact Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Chair at email@example.com to get involved!
–Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
SRCC FINANCE KEY DATES
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs