SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, August 6, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC Co-Vice President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from June 4, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available upon request to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Eric Cassady for Oliver Caruso (Treasurer) (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility (chair needed); 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edwardâ€™s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Request for a variance has been filed related to the construction of a secondary structure at 1219 Bickler Road, which will be larger than the existing, original structure. SRCCâ€™s Planning & Committee have met with the owner and architect, and SRCCâ€™s Historic Preservation Committee has met with some neighbors. VOTE EXPECTED.
Link to 1219 Bickler variance applications with hardship information
Presenter/Guest: Russell Fraser, SRCC Planning & Zoning Committee Chair, email@example.com and Norma Yancey, AIA, Principal, Sidetracked Studio, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
7. 8:05 Presentation from an Animal Protection Officer with the City of Austinâ€™s Animal Services on how to respond to coyotes in the neighborhood. With denning season underway, it is important to know appropriate ways to respond to their presence, how to keep your pets safe, and when hazing should be implemented.
Link to SRCC website post including â€œCoyotes 101â€ flyer.
Presenter/Guest: Sarah Whitson, Animal Protection Officer, Sarah.Whitson@austintexas.gov (20 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:30 Laura Morrison will provide some information about the effort to bring a soccer team to Austin, the use of McKalla Place as a potential stadium venue, and competing proposals for affordable housing at the site. Council is expected to vote on this in an August 9th meeting.
Link to July 28th Statesman article about the potential deal.
Presenter/Guest: Laura Morrison, former Austin City Council member and Austin Mayoral candidate, email@example.com (15 min + 10 min Q&A)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
—VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
—Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
—Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs