SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, June 4, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC Co-Vice President, email@example.com, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from May 7, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see reverse of agenda. All reports available by request to the Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Oliver Caruso, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance – see item below; 4) Mobility (chair needed); 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications; 9) Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee – see item below
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edwardâ€™s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Update on CodeNEXT. Draft 3 of CodeNEXT has been released, along with a 400 page addendum. The petition to place CodeNEXT on the October ballot (which SRCC voted to support) has not been accepted by Council, and will likely end up in court. There is also concern over late-breaking amendments that could further erode neighborhood protections. (5 min)
7. 7:50 David Todd has requested on behalf of Blunn Creek Partnership for $2500 from a fund that SRCC has in the Austin Parks Foundation, in order to revegetate an area where invasive/non-native plants have been removed. The finance committee recommends funding this request, and the SRCC Executive Committee has voted unanimously to support the request. [VOTE EXPECTED]
Presenters: Sam Martin, SRCC Finance Committee Chair, email@example.com and David Todd, SRCC Parks and Environment Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. (5 min)
8. 7:55 The State House Apartments on South Congress at Academy Dr is planning to construct an expansion, and have discussed the project with the SRCC Planning and Zoning Committee. A site plan was filed in April; the project does not require variances and will honor the NCCD.
Link to presentation about State House development.
Presenter/Guest: Russell Fraser, SRCC Planning & Zoning Committee Chair, email@example.com and Michele Rogerson Lynch, Director of Land Use & Entitlements, Metcalfe Wolff Stuart & Williams, LLP, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
9. 8:15 Announcement of restart of SRCC Neighborhood Watch program. Tom will share information about the updated program.
Link to SRCC Neighborhood Watch Patrol Program description.
Link to When to Call 911 or 311.
Link to SRCC Neighborhood Watch Patrol Agreement.
Presenter: Tom Groce, SRCC Public Safety Committee Chair, email@example.com (5 min + 5 min Q&A)
10. 8:25 Cap Metro is rolling out their Cap Remap initiative, which goes into effect June 3rd. Cap Remap is intended to create a simpler bus system with more frequent routes. Enjoy Free Rides June 3 – 9.
Link to the Cap Remap website.
Link to review the new service maps. Select the â€œ+â€ next to â€œChanges by regionâ€ then click on a map; Southeast Austin shows the SRCC area.
Guest: Lonny Stern, Coordinator Special Projects, Capital Metro, Lonny.Stern@capmetro.org (20 min + 5 min Q&A)
11. 8:50 Update on the Art in Public Places (AIPP) component of the Little Stacy Improvement Project; the process was described and input was solicited during the April SRCC meeting.
Presenter/Guest: Marjorie Flanagan, Art in Public Places Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
—AREA 7 COORDINATOR(S)
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
—Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.