SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (www.srccatx.org)
Monday, May 7, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Eric Cassady, SRCC Co-Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from April 2, 2018 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Oliver Caruso, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (chair needed); 9) Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Update on Saigebrook affordable housing development, at Woodland and I-35. In 2017 SRCC supported the rezoning of this property for the development (with several conditions).
Link to key points about the project and an updated rendering.
Presenter/Guest: Megan Lasch, Saigebrook Development, 830.330.0762, email@example.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
7. 8:00 The Norwood House is moving into the permitting phase, and we’ll get updated on the overall project status. This will include an updated site plan and some renderings of the potential cliffside landscaping.
Link to cliffside landscape renderings.
Link to Norwood website and Norwood Facebook page.
Presenter/Guest: Colleen Theriot, Norwood Park Foundation President, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
8. 8:05 Neighbors at 1016 Avondale Road are considering plans for remodeling and building an addition. They would like to share their plans and discuss possible variances. [VOTE EXPECTED].
Link to 1016 Avondale Road project sketch.
Presenter/Guest: Ian Reddy, SRCC Planning & Zoning, email@example.com and Meredith Bradley, SRCC Member and Homeowner, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:20 Application for Residential Parking Permit on Alameda and Rosedale Terrace. Residents are requesting a vote of support from SRCC. [VOTE EXPECTED].
Link to Almeda RPP Petition.
Link to Alameda RPP Map.
Link to Information about the Residential Parking Permit Program
Presenter: Tim Patterson, SRCC Member, Rosedale Terrace Resident, and Applicant, email@example.com (5 min + 10 min Q&A)
10. 8:35 Proposal for a one-year moratorium on SRCC support for Residential Parking Permits in the SRCC area south of Oltorf PP (near St. Edward’s University). There is a concern about excess parking related to St. Ed’s overwhelming the neighborhood, and RPP being an ineffective tool to resolve the issues. [VOTE EXPECTED].
Link to a preview of the presentation.
Presenter: David Swann, SRCC Member, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions including
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
—-Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs