SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, February 5, 2018 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from December 4, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning– 1503 Betty Jo and item below; 2) Historic Preservation — update on historic district; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety–see item below; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools–see item below; 8) Communications (chair needed); 9) Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s (10 min)
6. 7:45 Update on SRCC ad-hoc nominating committee, formed to identify and make recommendations for candidates in the SRCC 2018 officer elections at next month’s meeting; open positions include President and Treasurer.
Presenter: Carol Martin (10 min)
7. 7:55 Update on the I Heart THES fundraiser, supporting Travis Heights Elementary School. The fundraiser will be going on February 12 through 16.
Presenter/Guest: Kathleen Mulhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org, THES Parent and PTA Volunteer (5 min)
8. 8:00 The Whip-in was recently sold to new owners and is expanding the kitchen and live music. They would like to build a relationship with the neighborhood and would like SRCC’s support for an Outdoor Music Venue permit. VOTE EXPECTED.
Proposed Whip In Sound Abatement Plan
Some Frequently Asked Questions about sound permitting in Austin (including hours)
Presenter/Guest: Harold McMillan, email@example.com, Music Manager, Whip In (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:15 Construction of a guest house at 1109 Travis Heights Boulevard, as well as renovation of the historic main house. Will go before Board of Adjustment in March. VOTE EXPECTED.
Permit applications with architectural drawings attachment can be found on COA Development Services Department. https://www.austintexas.gov/department/development-services See “Austin Build + Connect (AB+C)”, Public search
Presenter/Guest: Norma Yancey, AIA, firstname.lastname@example.org, Principal, Sidetracked Studio (5 min + 10 min Q&A)
10. 8:30 Information and training on the City’s new curbside composting program, which is part of the City’s Zero Waste initiative.
Presenter: Crispin Ruiz, email@example.com, and Teresa Martinez, Group Solutions RJW representing Austin Resource Recovery (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
11. 8:45 SRCC is restarting the Neighborhood Watch program, and we are scheduling training for neighborhood watch volunteers.
Presenter: Tom Groce, firstname.lastname@example.org, SRCC Public Safety Chair (10 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
— Elections Potluck – need volunteers!
— Preservation Austin History Hunt – Saturday Feb 10th, 9-11 am, Blunn Creek Greenbelt
— VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open, and soon to be open, positions
— Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan.
To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
— Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.