SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, December 4, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from November 6, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety–see item below; 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (chair needed); 9)Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee–see item below
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edwardâ€™s (10 min)
6. 7:45 CodeNEXT update. The release of the third draft of CodeNEXT has been delayed from November 28th to a new date of February 12th. A petition is being circulated by IndyAustin to require both a waiting period and voter approval before CodeNEXT becomes effective. VOTE EXPECTED on whether to officially support petition. You can read and print the petition here:
Presenter: Tom Fitzpatrick, SRCC CodeNEXT Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
7. 7:55 Update on Little Stacy Park improvements project.
Presenter: Brendan Wittstruck – Senior Associate Designer, asakura robinson, 512.351.9601, email@example.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:10 Update on SRCC ad-hoc nominating committee, formed to identify and make recommendations for candidates in the SRCC 2018 officer elections; open positions include President and Treasurer. Members of the nominating committee will be confirmed via vote if there are enough volunteers thus far. VOTE POSSIBLE.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (10 min)
9. 8:20 Staff from Austin Transportation Department to present an update of the St. Eds Drive Traffic Calming project and on the overall traffic calming program.
Presenters/Guests: Anna Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org & Mario Porras, email@example.com, Austin Transportation Department (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
10. 8:40 Discussion about restart of the SRCC Neighborhood Watch program and confirmation of Thomas Groce as Chair of the Public Safety committee. VOTE EXPECTED.
Presenters: Gretchen Otto and Thomas Groce, Proposed Public Safety Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
8:50 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open, and soon to be open, positions
COMMUNICATIONS CHAIR, TREASURER (2018), PRESIDENT (2018)
Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team members are stewards of our 2005 Neighborhood Plan. To join or for information, visit this page:
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Treasurerâ€™s Report 2017
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.