SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, October 2, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from September 4, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Planning and Zoning–see below; 2) Historic Preservation; 3) Finance; 4) Mobility; 5) Public Safety (chair needed); 6) Parks and Environment; 7) Schools; 8) Communications (chair needed); 9)Executive Committee; 10) CodeNEXT ad hoc committee
Representatives: 11) ANC*; 12) SCC*; 13) South Central Waterfront; 14) St. Edward’s (10 min)
6. 7:45 The second draft of CodeNEXT has been released. Community Not Commodity will share their insights about CodeNEXT 2.0, as well as current initiatives related to the Code.
Presenter/Guest: Bobby Levinsky, email@example.com, Community Not Commodity (10 min)
7. 7:55 Update on SRCC CodeNEXT committee review of CodeNEXT 2.0 and its impact on SRCC. Mayor Adler will attend a specially called SRCC CodeNEXT meeting on Tuesday, October 17th. VOTE EXPECTED. Proposed language: The SRCC is to write a letter requesting that Council and City Staff slow down the CodeNEXT process in order to allow sufficient time for public review and comment, due to the large number of changes between the initial release of CodeNEXT and the second draft.
Presenter: Tom Fitzpatrick, CodeNEXT committee chair, or Gretchen (10 min)
8. 8:05 Update on the current activities of the Flood Mitigation Task Force (FMTF).
Presenter: Elloa Mathews, SRCC Area 5 Co-coordinator and FMTF Member (10 min)
9. 8:15 Information about the Smart Trips Austin program, whose goal is to reduce single occupant vehicle trips and encourage walking, biking, taking buses and shared rides, in the Zilker, Bouldin, and Travis Heights neighborhoods.
Presenters/Guests: Jorge Dewey, firstname.lastname@example.org & Myles Moore, email@example.com, Smart Trips Ambassadors (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
10. 8:30 Information on the “Music Lane” development on the east side of South Congress, north from Academy Dr to the Cityview at SoCo apartments. Discussion will include overall layout, parking and impact on Hotel Magdelena, and possible alcohol waiver.
Presenter/Guest: Clark Lyda, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 10 min Q&A)
8:50 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
-There will be an Executive Committee meeting on October 23rd.
-Lucky Robot fundraiser for SRCC: Oct. 8-14, 15% of profits, must mention SRCC
-Travis Heights Art Trail, November 4th & 5th
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open, and soon to be open, positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-SRCC Newsletter Editor
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.