SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, September 4, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from August 7, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–LAP group; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District–see below; 6) Finance; 7) ANC/SCC*–VOTE POSSIBLE ON NEW BYLAWS:
8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT–see below; 10) Executive Committee; 11) South Central Waterfront; 12) St. Edwardâ€™s
6. 7:45 Update on CodeNEXT process.
Presenter: Tom Fitzpatrick, CodeNEXT committee chair, or Gretchen (10 min)
7. 7:55 Information on achieving National Register Historic District status for Travis Heights area.
Presenter: Angela Reed, SRCC Historic Preservation Committee (15 min)
8. 8:10 Approval of SRCC Bylaws Changes. In 2015 an ad hoc committee was formed to update the SRCC Bylaws as needed to reflect current practices and committees. The committee has been meeting at least monthly for over a year and it is now time to vote on the proposed changes to the bylaws. VOTE REQUIRED.
The exact wording of the proposed bylaws is available on the SRCC website, along with a summary of the proposed changes and a detailed line-by-line spreadsheet showing 1) current wording; 2) proposed wording; 3) rationale for the change.
We need to have a quorum of approximately 19 members in order to conduct this important vote. At this meeting, a two-thirds majority vote in favor of adopting the revisions is required to pass the motion. In order to vote, member dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
Presenter: Carol Martin (15 min)
9. 8:25 Upon successful passage of the new SRCC bylaws, a number of revisions to the SRCC website will be required. The Finance Committee has made a recommendation to increase the 2017 Financial Forecast to provide for expenses related to webmaster services. VOTE REQUIRED.
Presenter: Sam Martin, SRCC Finance Committee Chair (10 min)
8:35 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
-There will be an Executive Committee meeting on September 18.
-Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-SRCC Newsletter Editor
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.