SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, August 7, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Carol Martin, SRCC Membership Committee, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from June 5, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC/SCC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee; 11) South Central Waterfront (10 min)
No current items.
6. 7:45 Austin Aquatic Master Plan and impact on SRCC pools; concerns about plans for long-term maintenance of our neighborhood pools. VOTE EXPECTED. “SRCC to write a letter in support of our neighborhood pools, and expressing concerns with the ranking system used in the report.” See the current version of the Master Plan here:
Presenter/Guest: Laura Cottam Sajbel, SRCC Resident, email@example.com (15 min)
7. 8:00 Update on St Edward’s University proposed impervious cover increase, CodeNEXT upzoning, and possible dormitories.
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-coordinator and St. Ed’s liaison (10 min)
8. 8:10 SRCC Bylaws Revision:
The SRCC membership will vote on the adoption of revised bylaws at the September General Membership meeting on Monday, September 4, 2017. The meeting will be held at 7:15 pm in the Fellowship Hall of Life in the City United Methodist Church, 205 E. Monroe. We need to have a quorum of approximately 19 members in order to conduct this important vote. At this meeting, a two-thirds majority vote in favor of adopting the revisions is required to pass the motion. In order to vote, member dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
The exact wording of the proposed bylaws is available on the SRCC website www.srccatx.org on the Bylaws page found under the About menu. Also on the SRCC website is a summary of the proposed changes and a detailed line-by-line spreadsheet showing 1) current wording; 2) proposed wording; 3) rationale for the change. – vote at September meeting. Questions?
Presenter: Carol Martin (10 min)
8:20 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
-There will be an Executive Committee meeting on September 18.
-NEWSLETTER–should have been delivered to every single home! Please alert me if you
have not received.
-Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic
-SRCC Newsletter Editor
-more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.