SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, May 1, 2017 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote or make motions, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from April 3, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning – see items below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District – see item below; 6) Finance; 7) ANC/SCC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT-see item below; 10) Executive Committee; 11) South Central Waterfront (5 min)
6. 7:40 Preservation Austin History Hunt in Blue Bonnet Hills–more details on this event happening May 20!
Presenter/Guest: Sara Luduena, Preservation Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
7. 7:45 Saigebrook proposed affordable housing update. The developer is moving forward with the Aria Grand site (Woodland and I-35), and a re-zoning is being requested. VOTE EXPECTED. For more information: http://www.srccatx.org/2017/02/02/proposed-affordable-housing-development/
Presenter: Gretchen Otto/Russell Fraser (5 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 7:55 Update on proposal to bring Formula E racing (electric-powered F1 type cars), with possible route on the South 1st Street bridge, from City Hall down to the Long Center. Specific feedback requested to pass along to city. See detailed Q&A from meeting between SRCC representatives and Connect Partnership Group (event promoter):
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
9. 8:00 GIS capture of neighborhood character and CodeNEXT. Omar has developed an interactive map which illustrates some demographics of the SRCC area: http://18.104.22.168/SRCC/
Presenter/Guest: Omar Navarro, ACC, email@example.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
10. 8:15 Update on CodeNEXT. Proposed zoning maps were released on April 18th. Portions of SRCC are being proposed as transect zones where zoning is based mostly on the form and design of buildings, rather than their use. SRCC will be forming an ad-hoc joint committee with the GSRC NPCT to review and provide comments.
Presenter: Russell Fraser, Elloa Mathews and Kim Lanzillotti (D3 report) (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
11. 8:30 Update on St. Edward’s master planning process.
Presenter: Elloa Mathews, SRCC Area 5 Co-coordinator and St. Ed’s liaison (5 min)
12. 8:35 Ciclovia proposed in SRCC area by Bike Austin for 2018. The Ciclovia is an open street event that would turn over a street to bikers and walkers for part of a day; Congress Avenue is being considered for 2018. https://bikeaustin.org/ciclovia/
Presenter/Guest: Miller Nuttle, Bike Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
13. 8:40 South Congress Mixed use project, which stretches from Academy to Twomey’s Autobody shop. SRCC representatives met with the developer, Clark Lyda. P&Z will give a report on this project but no vote is necessary yet.
Presenter: Marc Davis (5 min)
14. 8:45 Formal review of complete proposed bylaws changes. An ad-hoc committee has been working to update SRCC bylaws over the past year, and this will be a detailed review of the proposed changes. Exact wording of changes is available on website here:
Presenter: Carol Martin (30 min)
9:15 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
-There will be an Executive Committee meeting on May 22.
-Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
-neighborhood watch program organizer
-SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
-SRCC Newsletter Editor
-more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District; SCC: South Central Coalition of NAs
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dan Fredine, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.