SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:30 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:40 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:42 Approve minutes from February 6, 2017 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
Edit to Feb 6th minutes: Kim Lanzilotti – she had made a motion to wait to vote on the affordable housing issue until we had more information – no vote was taken.
MOTION: Betty Weed / Russell Frazier – to approve the minutes, with the edit, from Feb 6th General Membership meeting = PASSED 36 for, 1 abstain
4. 7:45 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
5. 7:50 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance — see item below; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) Executive Committee; 11) Travis Park
Parks – David Todd – A petition for the Blunn Creek headwaters was passed around in anticipation of a March 27th vote by the Board of Trustees to determine the fate of that parcel.
Norwood – Wolf Sitler – They are having an event this month to place a historical marker at the site and to raise funds.
Transportation – Michael Steele – Construction has started on I35 at Oltorf going southward and he had magnets to pass out with a url for more information.
Travis Park – Gretchen Otto – There is an ongoing effort to help educate the residents of this low income housing project on their rights as tenants due to ongoing management issues.
6. 7:55 SRCC Financial Audit
Presenter: Sam Martin, SRCC Finance Comm. Chair, email@example.com
The Financial Committee is undergoing an internal audit to make sure the books and projections are correct.
7. 8:05 Bylaws Committee Update–presentation of outline of proposed changes
Presenter: Carol Martin, SRCC Bylaws Comm. Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
A rough outline of proposed changes was circulated at the meeting and a timeline given for future input and voting. The changes will be posted and discussed at the May meeting with a final vote planned for September. As per the bylaws, the final vote can not have ANY changes without restarting the process of notification to all residents so it is important to review and provide feedback at the May meeting. This is the guiding document for the SRCC so please weigh in.
8. 8:20 Report from the Nominations Committee/Officer and Area Coordinator Elections
Presenter: Gretchen Otto
The following nominations were made:
President – Gretchen Otto (1 year as president, 2 years as VP, 11 years in the hood)
Vice President – Dan Fredine (VP since Oct, 15 years in the hood)
Treasurer – Nancy Byrd (current treasurer, 27 years in the hood)
Secretary – Mary Janecek-Friedman (long time resident, new to the Executive Committee. Thank you, Mary!)
MOTION: Robin Schneider / Jeff Kessel – to approve the slate of officers = PASSED 41 for, 0 against, 0 abstain
Area Coordinators – the slate was announced and voted on by acclamation = PASSED
8:40 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
The next Executive Committee meeting is tentatively scheduled for April 17.
Travis Heights Art Trail – Nov 4th-5th – http://travisheightsarttrail.org/
Preservation Austin History Hunt coming to our neighborhood on May 20! Volunteer opportunity.
Austin Tenant’s Council presentation at THES Cafeteria 6pm tomorrow Wednesday the 8th
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
neighborhood watch program organizer
SRCC Newsletter Editor
more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District