Dear Austin resident:
As the City of Austin begins its busy festival season with the upcoming South by Southwest music festival and related events, the Austin Code Department would like to remind both owners and renters of short-term rental properties to make sure properties are legally registered.
Owners of short-term rentals, properties rented for less than 30 days, should visit http://austintexas.gov/STRto get license requirements and other valuable information before advertising and renting property. Owners who violate the law could be subject to enforcement action, including fines of up to $2,000 a day.
Festival goers and other visitors are urged to make sure properties they rent are registered; licenses are required to be posted on site.
Both owners and renters are required to abide by the following rules in order to be good neighbors:
Owners and managers of short-term rentals are encouraged to visit the Austin Code Department website to keep up to date on short-term rental requirements. That site is: http://austintexas.gov/STR.
The Austin Code Department encourages residents and those living near homes being used as short-term rentals to use the Austin 3-1-1 mobile app on their cell phones to report STR problems. People can also call 3-1-1 if they have STR complaints. Calls may be anonymous.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- City of Austin RENT Program Community Outreach Grants: Offering $400,000 to Local Organizations August 11, 2020
- Austin Public Health Statement on Return to Work Guidance August 11, 2020
- Austin Mobility News: Local government corporation approved, new Vision Zero Viewer and online series launched to help reimagine I-35 August 10, 2020
- APD Seeking the Public's Assistance in Identifying Robbery Suspects August 7, 2020
- APD seeking public's assistance in identifying Valero Robbery suspect August 7, 2020
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds