SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, December 5, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from November 7, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see item below; 2) Planning & Zoning–SPILLAR; 3) Transportation & Public Safety–see item below; 4) Norwood–see item below; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT–see website; 10) Executive Committee (5 min)
6. 7:40 Update on request for four-way stop signage at E. Live Oak and Alta Vista. VOTE REQUIRED
Presenter: Betty Weed, SRCC member, email@example.com (5 min)
7. 7:45 Ad-hoc committee for AISD parcel: update on bid process/proposal to adopt future park–VOTE REQUIRED
See resolution attached.**
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (10 min)
8. 7:55 Update on Norwood Park and introduction to new project manager
Presenter: Teri Oâ€™Glee, Project Manager, 512.293.7637, firstname.lastname@example.org | Colleen Theriot President of the board of the Norwood Park Foundation, email@example.com, http://www.norwoodparkfoundation.org/ (15 min)
9. 8:10 Proposal to ask city to consider requiring master plan involvement for large private institutions such as St. Edwardâ€™s University (and update on 12/2 meeting). POSSIBLE VOTE
This would entail a letter to city requesting that the city adopt an amendment to the land development code requiring private institutions with master plans to hold a stakeholder process for surrounding neighborhoods with COA adopted neighborhood plans and that the private institution must submit their stakeholder input along with the master plan to the city for approval in areas with an adopted neighborhood plan.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (on behalf of Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-Coordinator) (10 min)
10. 8:20 Capital Metro Project Connect back on the table–high-capacity transit solutions
Presenter: Javier A. ArgÃ¼ello, Director – Long Range Planning, Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (CMTA), 512.389.7426, firstname.lastname@example.org (15 min + 5 min Q&A)
11. 8:40 Woodland Storage–construction update
Presenter: Teresa Griffin, SRCC Member, email@example.com | Brendan Callahan, rep from owner Endeavor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-682-5552 | Edd Haskins, builder, email@example.com, 214-552-8580 (10 min)
12. 8:50 How to fight against problem STRs/illegal STRs, information on lawsuit being brought on Edgecliff
Presenter: Robert Reeves, SRCC Member, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
–THERE IS NO SRCC MEETING IN JANUARY. Next general meeting will be February 6. There will be an Executive Committee meeting on January 23.
–ELECTION RUNOFF REMINDER! Early voting 12/1-12/9, Election Day is 12/15
ACC Board of Trustees, Place 4: Sean Hassan, Michael J. Lewis
ACC Board of Trustees, Place 9: Guadalupe â€œLupeâ€ Sosa, Julie Ann Nitsch
Austin City Council, District 10: Sheri Gallo, Alison Alter
–SRCC Election reminder too: now taking nominations for officers for next election. Prefer to have nominations in by end of January.
–Next newsletter timeline: articles due by beginning of Feb to have spring newsletter delivered in time for annual potluck/election announcements.
–Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team is seeking new members. Visit this page for more information: http://www.srccatx.org/about/greater-south-river-city-neighborhood-plan/
Contact Terry Franz if interested: email@example.com
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions
neighborhood watch program organizer
SRCC Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck
SRCC Newsletter Editor
more folks interested in helping on SRCC transportation committee
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.
**PROPOSED RESOLUTION RELATED TO ITEM 7:
Resolution Concerning a Proposed Park at Blunn Creek Headwaters
Whereas AISD has requested bids for purchase and proposals â€œfor the repurposing, short-term lease, partnership or other open-ended options of real property and improvements located south of alpine road,â€ and
Whereas members and elected representatives of the SRCC have visited this parcel of land, located at the headwaters of Blunn Creek at 3701 Woodbury Street, and
Whereas these members and representatives, including engineers, have further researched and documented the environmental features of this parcel and determined that it is a critical part of the Blunn Creek watershed, and
Whereas protecting this property will have a postive effect on water quality and flood prevention all along Blunn Creek, and
Whereas Blunn Creek flows throughout the entire length of the SRCC area and thus affects all the residents of SRCC, and
Whereas SRCC has a long history of stewardship of Blunn Creek including Blunn Creek Preserve and Blunn Creek Greenbelt, and
Whereas PARD has determined that the southernmost area of SRCC is parkland deficient, and
Whereas that area is likely to be redeveloped into a denser residential area;
Therefore, be it resolved that the SRCC requests that the City of Austin obtain this property and create a new park and watershed preserve.
Be it further resolved that if the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department successfully creates a park on this parcel of land, the SRCC pledges to adopt the park and offer our volunteer efforts for keeping it clean and well-maintained.