SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, October 3, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (10 min)
2. 7:25 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:27 Approve minutes from September 5, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:30 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:35 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT (5 min)
6. 7:40 Update on baskets being pulled together for Bluebonnet Studios
Presenter: Rosalyn Clifton, SRCC Member, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
7. 7:45 Update on Sherwood Oaks/St. Edâ€™s University operations building/truck traffic issue
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-Coordinator, email@example.com (10 min)
8. 7:55 Update on request for four-way stop signage at E. Live Oak and Alta Vista
Presenter: Gretchen Otto on behalf of Pat Conegliano, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
9. 8:00 APD district reps: who are they and what do they do? The SRCC area overlaps with two different â€œregionsâ€ and both our district reps are new!
Presenter: Andre Black, Region 3 Henry Sector 1 rep; Shawn Rougeou, Region 4 David Sector 1 and 2 rep (10 min)
10. 8:10 Presentation about city council scorecard/vote tracker created by ANC
Presenter: James Bilodeau, SRCC rep to ANC, email@example.com (10 min)
11. 8:20 Update from our new Communications Chair/changes to website
Presenter: Tina Buck, SRCC Communications Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
12. 8:25 Presentation from City of Austin Water Utility on â€œWater Forwardâ€ program. See more information at http://austintexas.gov/waterforward
Presenter: Teresa Lutes, Austin Water Division Manager, Teresa.Lutes@austintexas.gov (15 min)
13. 8:40 Houses being moved and heritage trees being cut
Presenter: Various SRCC members including Devkirn Khalsa, Will Harrison, Michele Webre? (15 min)
8:55 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions: Vice President, neighborhood watch program organizer, Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck, and a Newsletter Editor.
NEWSLETTER! Itâ€™s time to begin pulling together our fall newsletter! If you would like to contribute an article, please contact Gretchen ASAP.
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.