RPP has been discussed for the Sherwood Oaks neighborhood to stem the clogged streets caused by St. Edward’s students, employees and construction worker parking. Some Travis Heights/SoCo areas now have RPP. Â There are both advantages and disadvantages to RPP.60% of households have to agree to the permits. An application has to be submitted. Money has to be gathered and tags distributed. Households can have up to 4 permits which cost $15 each. All streets in a neighborhood must participate in order to make the program work rather than just off-load the problems to the next non-permitted street. Some Travis Heights streets near South Congress have enacted RPP with mixed results.
Info here about East Austin RPP: http://kxan.com/2014/05/16/neighbors-battle-over-permitted-parking-along-their-streets/Â Â City of Austin FAQ sheet here:Â http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Transportation/Parking/RPPFAQ_Sheet_2015.pdf_
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Traffic Fatality in the 8600 Block of N Lamar Blvd. May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 3400 block of E 7th St May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 9800 block W Parmer Lane May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 4500 block of S IH 35 NB May 13, 2022
- Traffic Fatality in the 6800 block of N IH 35 SB May 13, 2022
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds