SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, September 5, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from August 1, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT (5 min)
6. 7:35 RPP request for Brackenridge from Milton to Monroe for Thurs-Fri 5pm-10pm, Sat-Sun 1pm-10pm. This is part of the same block that was approved at May general meeting (presented by Dean Janeff). (VOTE LIKELY)
Presenter: Tina Currie, email@example.com (5 min)
7. 7:40 Request from Sherwood Oaks residents to reimburse cost of signs and banners for St. Ed’s operations building/truck traffic issue. (VOTE LIKELY)
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, SRCC Area 5 Co-Coordinator, Sam Martin, Chair, SRCC Finance Committee (10 min)
8. 7:50 Bluebonnet Studios is affordable housing being built on South Lamar; will be home to 107 single adults, including low-income workers, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and seniors. Foundation Communities is inviting neighbors to help support and welcome Bluebonnet residents.
Presenter: Holly Bell, Bluebonnet Studios Neighborhood Team, firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-589-0184 (15 min)
9. 8:05 Austin B-cycle, the city’s bike share program, is considering a pilot program in the SRCC neighborhood and they are looking for residents who would be interested in giving some preliminary feedback. If you are interested, please contact Juan Agudelo (email@example.com, 512-710-5169).
Presenter: Gretchen Otto (5 min)
8:10 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions: Vice President, neighborhood watch program organizer, Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic and annual potluck, and a Newsletter Editor.
Austin Monitor discount: SRCC16 for 20% off subscription
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.