SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, June 6, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from May 2, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT (10 min)
6. 7:40 1) Update on Torchy’s; 2) Update on the Heights on Congress redevelopment; 3) Update on One 2 East Development; 4) Report from Task Force on Community Engagement (10 min)
7. 7:50 Information about new Travis Heights magazine
Presenter: Sara Wright, email@example.com (5 min)
8. 7:55 Discussion of density and community development with Sallie Burchett, AICP, LEED Green Associate. Ms. Burchett has been involved with planning since 1993, including serving on the Board of Adjustment.
Presenter: Sallie Burchett, firstname.lastname@example.org (15 + 5 min Q&A)
9. 8:15 Update and information on CodeNEXT, the future land development code for the City of Austin.
Presenter: Paul DiGiuseppe, Principal Planner for City of Austin Planning Dept, Paul.Digiuseppe@austintexas.gov (15 + 5 min Q&A)
8:35 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Presenter: Diane Presti, SRCC Vice President, email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need volunteers for several open positions: neighborhood watch program organizer, Special Events Chair to organize the July 4 picnic, a new Communications Chair, a Newsletter Editor, and an Area co-Coordinator for Area 1.
Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
The next newsletter will be printed in mid-June and should be delivered by the end of the month.
There is no formal plan for a July Fourth Picnic or Parade this year due to lack of volunteers. Informal picnic meetups are encouraged!
***THERE WILL NOT BE A GENERAL MEETING IN JULY***
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Diane Presti, firstname.lastname@example.org and Gretchen Otto, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.