SRCC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
MONDAY, April 18, 2016 6:30 PM
Opal Divineâ€™s -on the Patio
3601 S Congress Ave, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, be a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 6:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome & introductions of new members, new Area Coordinators, new Committee Chairs.
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 6:35 Membership & voting announcements. Reminder that SRCC current dues status is required to participate in SRCC business and actions such as voting and making motions.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 6:40 Approve minutes from February 15, 2016 executive meeting.
Reminder: schedule for Executive meetings: February, April, October 3rd Monday of the month; 6:30pm – 8:30pm in conference room at GUMC (unless at Opalâ€™s). Reminder: committee meeting rooms available
2016 dates: Feb. 15, 2016; April 18, 2016; October 17, 2016
We clarified that ALL committees, including the EC, should post agendas and minutes from all meetings on the official SRCC website. It was agreed to reserve Opal Divineâ€™s for the next EC meeting on Oct 17th.
MOTION: Elloa Mathews / Brooks Kasson – to approve the minutes from the Feb 15th EC meeting = 8 for, 3 abstain PASSED
4. 6:45 Presentation of 1st quarter financial reports Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer; Sam Martin, Finance Chair
We had a surge of memberships before the annual meeting that resulted in us being ahead this year on dues vs last year.
5. 7:00 Committee Chairs/Representatives: Check-in on goals/issues
1) Parks- David Todd, Schools- Sheri Ancipink, Environment- Marty Christman; 2) Planning & Zoning- Jean Mather; 3) Transportation – Michael Sledge, Jeff Kessel rep to Project Connect; & Public Safety- new volunteer STILL needed for Raymond Sinatra; 4) Norwood- Wolf Sittler; 5) Historic District- Michele Weber; 8) Finance- Sam Martin; 9) Rep to ANC Austin Nbhd Council- James Bilodeau; 10) Communication- Justin Chang, to be replaced–discuss turnover and changes to Monthly Review; 11) Rep to South Central Waterfront- Garret Nick; 12) CodeNEXT – Russell Fraser; 13) St. Edâ€™s – Elloa Matthews
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, President, and Committee Chairs
4) Norwood – there is now a drone video of the site available on their website at.
11) SCWP -Â This effort is still moving forward and public meetingÂ info isÂ available atÂ https://www.austintexas.gov/waterfront
13) St Edwards – A new dorm is going up on the south side of campus. No detailed plans have been submitted for the new police department on St Edwards Drive. St Edwards has asked the Landmark Commission for money to maintain and update the main building. The request is for $30,000. There are still parking issues as a result of a policy to charge students to park in the parking tower so they park in the neighborhood.
?) SCC – Their goal as the South Central Coalition is to keep all the neighborhood associations informed and united. There was an understanding that FAN (Friends of Austin Neighborhoods) members take a loyalty oath?
6. 7:20 Report from the President: SXSW, EC vote, Travis Heights magazine, district 3 rep, meeting signs, day of action
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, President
The past and present Presidents met to facilitate the transition and all went well. It was noted that during SXSW had amplified music in the room next to the courtyard. This was made possible by a movable wall that was open. The police responded and the wall was closed shortly after that. There was no Raptor House this year. There are some homes directly next to Home Slice that are subjected to amplified music. The EC voted through email in opposition to variances requested by the OneTwoEast development. This was done through email because there was not a quorum at the General Membership meeting and the issue was time sensitive but now Council postponed the issue till August. There is a new Travis Heights Magazine being published and delivered free to everyone (not apartments) from Lady Bird Lake to Oltorf and Congress to I35. This is the same company/person who we talked to about five years ago but itâ€™s just now gaining traction. She has offered to give us a page to advertise for free, our meeting schedule and a â€œmessage from the president.â€ The first issue is due out May and the deadline to submit content is a month before that. We are looking for a District 3 rep to meet with Pio Renteria. Kim Lanzilotti offered to be the D3 rep. The SRCC meeting signs will be updated once Life In The City decides what they want to do. There is an AISD land sale taking place and the 8 acres on warehouse row at the headwaters of Blunn Creek is up for grabs.
7. 7:35 Update on Bylaws Committee Presenter: Carol Martin, Bylaws Committee Chair
Progress is being made but the process is meticulous.
8. 7:45 Newsletter plans Presenter: Gretchen Otto, President
Gretchen would like to pass this responsibility on as she is now the President. The layout is handled by the same person so this position is to simply gather the content. This is to get the June newsletter out.
9. 7:55 How to support Travis Heights Art Trail, Presenter: Charlotte Bell
This will be the third year of getting funds from the City. A third of the artists have already committed to the event. Hi Tech Auto is willing to house artists who need a display space. The Lutheran church is also willing to make space for exhibits. You donâ€™t have to live in TH to participate but someone in TH needs to have invited you.
10. 8:05 Update on the Heights redevelopment. Presenters: Elloa Mathews and Gretchen Otto
Both the Heights and Torchyâ€™s have come up recently. A â€œpublic actionâ€ is planned for May 18th to draw attention to both of these issues and are asking that SRCC participate. This is to hold the developments accountable for what they have promised, all in a public forum. The second event will be this Wednesday.