SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, May 2, 2016 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.*
Presenter throughout: Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from March 8 and April 4, 2016 monthly general meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment–see below; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT (10 min)
6. 7:40 Update on Little Stacey Park Improvements and request for a recommendation from SRCC as they present the plan to the Parks and Recreation Board. Possible Vote.
Presenters: Gary Gregson, Project Coordinator, Austin Parks and Recreation Dept. Gary.Gregson@austintexas.gov; Margaret Robinson, Asakura Robinson Company, LLC, email@example.com; Brendan Wittstruck, firstname.lastname@example.org (10+5 min)
7. 7:55 New Constable-Elect Precinct 4, George Morales will introduce himself to the membership and answer questions. Presenter: Constable Elect George Morales, www.georgeforconstable.com (5+5 min)
8. 8:05 District 9 Parks Board member to discuss parkland and recreation facilities in the area and to seek input from the membership.
Presenter: Rick Cofer, Austin Parks Board District 9 appointee, Rick.Cofer@austintexas.gov, 512-771-6266 (5+5 min)
9. 8:15 Property Tax Question & Answer session.
Presenters: Tiffany D. Seward, Director, Communications & Training, Travis County Tax Office, (512) 854-9706, Tiffany.Seward@traviscountytx.gov; Bruce Elfant, Travis County Tax Assessor and Collector, (512) 854-9743, TaxOffice@traviscountytx.gov; and Marya Crigler, Chief Appraiser, Travis County, (512) 834-9317, email@example.com (10+5 min)
10. 8:3o Proposition 1. Former Austin City Council Member and Former Austin Neighborhoods Council President
Laura Morrison will argue against Proposition 1, and an Uber/Lyft driver TBD will be arguing in support. Presenter: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ourcityoursafetyourchoice.org, Uber Driver, http://www.voteprop1.com (5+5+5 min)
11. 8:45 RPP request for Brackenridge from Milton to Annie for Thurs-Fri 5pm-10pm, Sat-Sun 1pm-10pm. Possible Vote.
Presenter: Dean Janeff, resident of Brackenridge St., email@example.com (5 min)
8:50 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Presenter: Diane Presti, SRCC Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program, someone to take over organizing the July 4 picnic, an Area co-Coordinator for Area 1. Also need a newsletter editor!
Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
Torchy’s Tacos alcohol waiver to be heard by city council on May 19. Public Action to be held on May 15. Please let Gretchen know if you want attend either of these.
Note from Tom/Great Outdoors
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Diane Presti, email@example.com and Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.